Topic: Record Pad

I came across this software because I was having problems with getting Audacity to process my recordings as mp3's I downloaded the lame_enc dll which is a library that Audacity uses to convert your recordings to mp3 or wav ogg vorbis etc. I can send a signal from my Digital BR-8 via the output rca jacks useing a standard mp3 player Y chord to my mic input on the back of my computer.the Record pad has no problem with conversion this is set in the control preferences you have two choices wav or mp3 you do have to adjust the input volume in the control panel under sounds once done there is a light meter that monitors the input when you record (Green and red) so like any recording keep the input volume low enough so it dont stay in the red or you will have a distorted recording its really simple to use.I use my other computer that was fixed to process all my recordings from my BR-8 and then store them in a jump drive for upload from my Vista and untill I get a new router and some new usb chords the other PC will remain off line.If you already use this software there is an option to buy the more advanced version but this link is for the free version which should suit most users its a lot easier and faster then audacity and user friendly smile
http://download.cnet.com/RecordPad-Soun … 27499.html

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Record Pad

there is one hang-up to this soft ware as russ and i have discussed, the freeware only seems to do mono. as i have not laid out any of my hard earned to try the full version, i cant say if you get stereo sound with it. i've started using audacity myself now, mainly to convert WAV to MP3 by way of a programme called "switch" as i couldnt get lame to work!

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Record Pad

I think this software is easy to use but a stereo mix is essential for output and I dont think you should have to upgrade just to get it so I have deleted this program and reverted back to Audacity after fixing the lame issue its simpler to use smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"