Topic: Norwegian wood

This is one of my favorite songs I hope you enjoy it please give a look and comments are welcome smile
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/107370129

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Norwegian wood

Hi russell,this is one of my favorite songs,I play alot,I do not have the tab to it only the chords. You did an excellent job on it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks dino its seems to be getting easier next project is to add a mp3 track along with video and photos and do a little creative messing around and see what happens smile

How the hell are you doing that? That's awesome.

The process I use is to first do a video of just me singing with my guitar I am useing a Kodak C 813 easy share digital camera it takes great photos but also shoots videos I mount it on a small tripod and make sure there's plenty of light.

second I edit the video in the camera and only keep the edited version then upload to my computer and save it in my pictures and label the folder

next I play the video and film another video of me singing the low harmony then edit this and upload and label the folder

again I repeat the process and sing the high harmony then upload and label the folder,keep in mind I am watching the first video as I sing the harmony to insure the timing is correct then comes the fun.

I open my free AnyVideoConverter and select the format to convert the MOV file and that is WMV which reduces the total MBs to a fraction of the original then I delete the originals. When  all the videos have been converted  they are stored in the converters files so I open the files one by one with Windows movie maker the reason is the TrakAxPC trial version only recognizes WMV and AVI video formats so for this song I made three separate movies with no effects only because the Windows movie maker reduces the size even further now the clay is ready for the potter.

I open TrakAxPC and all the media files are located on the left and when you click on one it plays in the screen so you can preview it if you hold the mouse down you can drag it into the track area and it is processed into separate frames (this takes a few minutes) on the time line there is a track cutter but I dont need it as I have already edited the videos the rest is just posistioning each video and aligning the tracks (this takes time) then if I am satisfied with the end result I process the movie and upload.There is more but that is the basic idea smile

Rad.

the next video will be a bit more challenging I am going to make a video of a recording session, each separate video will be me recording a track into my Boss digital recorder including the bass,lead and rhythm guitars along with the vocals (lots of work) but the end result with be a video with an audio track that was produced and mixed including pans and effects and the result should be a vastly improved video sound track to go along with some new ideas in video production I plan on incorporating as a standard for my videos smile

russell you really put alot of work in there!! That brought to mind after the beatles broke up Paul Mccartney put out his cherries album and did all the insterments on it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino yes I did but it was a labor of love,when you see the results of the time spent its very satisfying smile

dino48 wrote:

russell you really put alot of work in there!! That brought to mind after the beatles broke up Paul Mccartney put out his cherries album and did all the insterments on it.

hi russ,

boy have i got a headache just reading that. sorry i couldnt listen to the track (norwegian wood is also one of my favs) as i seem to have developed a middle ear infection, and i'm suffering, headache and nausia with vertigo thrown in for good measure.... aaawwwe poor phill. so no music for me for a while.  talk soon buddy

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

get well my friend our projects can wait smile