Topic: Updating the iPod Touch issues

Hi there.

First post here. Thanks for your web and the effort you put into the ipod/iphone browsing
I'm using the Touch.
I open a new thread since the posts I searched about my question go back even to 2007.

First thing: the javascript app for offline browsing you recommended here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 291#p30291 works well... but for the thing that you have to click it twice for chordie.com since it finds the pages "too big".

Second: I've read about this enhanced browsing but I do have a few issues about words hanging in the middle of lines, line adjustment, etc.  Sure, it beats the hell out of browsing the old olga-like Courier/ARial txt files, but I was wondering that maybe I messed it up somewhere and I'm not enjoying the experience as intended.

I've tried logging in, reading from my songbook only, etc., Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thanks again

Re: Updating the iPod Touch issues

Hi zosete and welcome to Chordie!

I also use the ipod touch and have found the application "My Songbook" offers an excellent interface. It's available for $1.99 on the iTunes App store and the application links directly to Chordie.

http://sites.google.com/site/orsharirapps/mysongbook

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I am working actively trying to deliver songs to the iPod.

The songbook app mentioned by topdown is not supported or associated by Chordie.

Yeah, I checked it out. It seems it needs you to be online. In Spain, free wi-fi hotspots are scarcer than diamond mines, so I don't think I will pay for a data retrieving app. Also, I read about the ongoing "official" app validation progress.

As bad a guitar player as I am, i've been long enough into it to prefer more complex tabs. If you ever manage to display right all those tabbed solos and fills on the iPod, that would be incredible. I know it's not the Chordie purpose, but that would be definitively my #1 on the wishlist.

I'm on an Ipad - gotta be better on that surely? Can't view Chordie using Safari on it as the size comes out wrong. I would pay a fiver for a good app that kept my song book offline. Sounds from the posts that it isn't working well yet.