Topic: Acoustic improvements.

Having strummed my heart out on a cheap XS guitar for 2 years, I have spoilt myself with a new Tanglewood (touchwood) Acoustic. Cripes, I have become a much better guitar player overnight. It's amazing how a great guitar can inspire & build confidence. So what I'm saying is , if your serious about the guitar & you can afford to. Upgrade! It will take you forwards & upwards.

You can't take more out of life, than you are prepared to put in.

Re: Acoustic improvements.

Can I be borrowing your new ax? Just asking. LOL HNGD!!!

Happy New Guitar Day.  Nothing inspires practice like a new guitar.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy NGD!! Nothing beats a new toy to play with.

Chris, I see your South Africa. Check out our "Picks around the world" thread. The package hasn't been to Africa yet.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaah, my 9 year old has grabbed the XS and has 4 chords under his belt already....shweeet.

You can't take more out of life, than you are prepared to put in.

can u please show 'Gsus,i justcant remember

Everytime I mention in forums about my desire to get a new expensive guitar beyond my playing abilities, people always say that with a much better sounding guitar, you tend to try harder and learn faster.  And it is true to a point.  So go for it and good luck with your playing.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Speaking of guitars....I saw a Taylor with a spruce top and a cherry-colored body. (forgive me if my terms are incorrect.) I asked to see it and the dang thing weighed about two ounces and sounded like heaven...sigh...

Personally, I think Taylors are overpriced and trendy. That's just me. They are high quality, but you can get an equal performer for about 1/2 the price, just doesn't have that Taylor name. I have a very old Giannini 12 string, somewhat fragile, I admit, but I replaced the old strip head years ago with good quality machine heads, and it sounds magnificent. The original price when new was around 100 bucks! That'll tell you how old it is. I got it for free from a friend, and it's my favourite instrument.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

10 (edited by myibanez 2011-01-27 03:28:53)

yes a high end guitar will make you play more just because of the sound. I just bought me a new martin d-18 and my daughter a taylor gc 5. And they were expensive. But i did not pay map for either. I saved 1200 on the two together. But I will tell you this. I have a 450 buck ibanez exotic that  out plays both of them and I have both of them set up by a luthier. The ibanez has had nothing but the truss rod adjusted. So the high ends will sound better but dont think some of these lower end babies aren't just as well built or better, just with less expensive woods. And I dont have to put the Ibanez in a case with a humidifier . The expensive one are solid wood and lighter than the lower ends because the lower ends are a lot of laminate which makes them heavy and a lot more durable.

Ibanez ew20ase-nt
Martin D-18
Taylor GC-5