Topic: zack brown band [video]

can someone tell me whats going on at the end of the video?.."colder weather"
.. this sounds a little dumb, but I can`t figure out whats going on..he has a gun, she starts a fire? what? I know she is gone..in the end, and he is missing her..I can`t figure out what happened!  lol.. man" I`m thinking he bumped" her..and then did himself!....lol

"question my abilities..never my heart"

Re: zack brown band [video]

What video???????????

zac brown band" the video for colder weather/  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oouFE51HcqM

I read some captions and it has something to do with Wes Leonard. whoever that is....lol
i`m looking it up now.

4 (edited by icecubetray3pak 2011-03-09 23:04:57)

Wes Leonard was a 16 year old who collapsed and died at the end of a basketball game last Friday night in Fennville, MI.  He had just scored the winning bucket on a lay-up at the end of OT to finish off a perfect 20-0 season.  During the celebration, he collapsed and died on the court.  Coroner's report; enlarged heart.

5 (edited by Lane1777 2011-03-09 15:45:41)

they might have been relating the video to him and a girlfriend, or just him,,thats so sad. I`m going to look it up.

thanks Ice" for the reply.  I still don`t get what happened in that video..your friend the dumbshit"...lol

Great song I seen them perform this on David Letterman I dont understand the relevance of the video kind of disturbing.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

yes it is Russell..I know the girl is gone. the lyrics say he`s visiting her ghost again" that Gun part at the end of the video has me stumped..

Real desturbing,to bad it had to happen too the kid at such a young age.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Lane1777 wrote:

can someone tell me whats going on at the end of the video?.."colder weather"
.. this sounds a little dumb, but I can`t figure out whats going on..he has a gun, she starts a fire? what? I know she is gone..in the end, and he is missing her..I can`t figure out what happened!  lol.. man" I`m thinking he bumped" her..and then did himself!....lol

"question my abilities..never my heart"

I like Zac Brown, amazing talent, but I dont understand what happened to the girl either.

ok..found this, but the video is way different I think..

Wyatt Durrette told the story behind the song in an interview with The Boot: "There was a girl I was seeing, who lived in Kansas City. We really liked each other, but geography and timing just wasn't working for us. She was getting pretty frustrated with the whole thing and wanted me to slow down, as far as traveling so much and all those things. I wasn't willing to do that because we were just getting started, and I'm chasing my dreams.
I was going to see her. We were in Green Bay, Wisconsin playing a show with Little Big Town, and it was pouring down snow. We were supposed to go to Kansas City the next day for some radio thing, but the radio people canceled. Instead, we just went on to wherever we were going next. I had to call her and tell her that I wasn't going to make it. She was not a happy camper. She let me have it. I hung up the phone, walked on the bus and wrote the chorus and the melody to the chorus.
Me and Zac worked on the first chorus together. I knew the song was special. You can just tell as a writer when you've written something that has a chance to be big or special. I knew that one was. I sat on the song for six months after that. I did what I always do: sing it to the guys and say, 'What do you think of this?' And they'll go, 'Oh yeah, that's great!'
Levi Lowrey is one of the best artists I know. He's a poet. I felt like this song needed the way he wrote, so I invited Levi over to my house one night and we wrote the rest of the verses. It turned out great. It was so weird because that same night, Coy, our guitar player, stopped by. He was just coming by my house to say hey. He didn't know we were writing. He sat down and was listening to us write the verses, and he said, 'How about a bridge?' He read one to us, and we were like, 'Hell yeah! That's perfect!' [laughs] So we stuck that in there, and I brought all that to Zac. Zac and I finished writing the alternate chorus in the end.
That one's special to all of us. It holds a spot because of what we do and being away and all those things. For those guys, I think that song rings on missing their family. That's the beauty of art: everybody has their own take on what the song can mean. As for me, it's a story of impossible love where geography or timing gets in the way of it, and it's just not possible."
I`m looking into the video now..g`s I wanted someone to tell me!....lol

thats so true Dino..I guess we never know our time.   Lane