Topic: One happy bald guitar player

I got my first guitar when I was 6. I'm 33 now. I've played it almost every day since then. Needless to say I'm quite attached.

It's a cheap import from the Guild line called a Madeira - in searching, it seems that it was only made for a few years in the late 60s and early 70s. If anything happened to it I'd be crushed.

Until yesterday, when I got a twin sister to my baby, thanks to eBay. I couldn't be happier!

I'm going to do a side by side test and see how the new one stacks up. Will post the link here as soon as I do that. smile

Re: One happy bald guitar player

Good for You,

I have an amp that I feel really close to , so I can relate. I feel I should pick one up since they're no longer being made.

Later, Wayne P

I remember a few years back when times were tough I had to part with my Fender Strat to pay the rent I replaced it with a knock off strat and cant tell the difference but I would like to get another American Stat someday if my ship comes in and ain't torpedoed in the harbor lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hey guitardude, I have a 1978 ovation Legend I`m attached too, there is a great sound to it and a lot of guitars today don`t even come close. I`ll put a pic up it you all want a look. I have a 1950 electromuse lap steel guitar this old man gave me. its way cool..don`t have a clue what i`m hanging on to it for...I can`t pay it...lol i`ll put a pic up for that to if you all want a look.

Must be a little Irish in ya BGD finding a twin to a limited edition guitar. Good for you!
   I know how you feel when it comes to the thought of parting with a friend. One of mine
   in particular is a 1980 Washburn woodstock a/e. Was in a c/w swing band and bought
   it from our pedal steel player and good friend that has passed away. Never a thought
   of letting it go but then again I'm a hoarder of music gear anyway. smile      Mike

Our intuitions serve us well