1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-04-02 08:24:33)

Topic: If I only knew then

Did you ever sell a guitar for a dirt cheap price and see them selling for a fortune now?Lets hear your examples.Here are mine 1966 fender coronado 100.00. 2 Acoustic model 115 amps 100.00 each. 1967 gretsch corvette 175.00.Wait it gets better. 1960s marshall 100 watt tube head for 250.00.Also the peavey cabinet I played it through for 65.00. This all seemed like a good idea at the time. Here comes the biggest blunder of them all.  Tore apart a teisco del ray to try to build my own guitar with a bunch of parts I had lying around.Ended up with a pile of junk parts lying around.All of it ended up in the trash.  On the plus side I gave a friends son a 1960s tele star guitar for his first guitar.Also traded the same kid a 1960s kustom 60 watt head(gold pleated)and a silvertone cabinet to tear up my patio and wash and pile the bricks.He stuck with it and plays now.I didnt mind doing that if it goes to good use. Now lets see everyone elses blunders and stupid moves. Iam sure Im not the only one who has done this. Give brand names and dollar amounts. Lets continue kicking our own butts.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: If I only knew then

1972 SG. 150. Ow.

In 1972 I GAVE AWAY a Fender Jaguar!!!

SPAMMER

In '70 or '71, tried to refinish a mid '60s SG...fubar.  Sold a Vox Phantom 12 string for peanuts.  Honestly can't remember what happened to the late '60s Melody Maker, man I wish I still had that one.
As Roberto De Vicenzo said after signing an incorrect scorecard in the 1968 Masters..."What a stupid I am"

I had an old gretch arch top acoustic that belonged to my Dad. Not sure of the year but i'm in my 50's and I remember it as a child and dad had it for some time before that, my guess it was from the 40's or early 50'. I remember that the neck was warped and I don't think it had a rod it to adjust it. It could still be played. I wasn't interrested in playing at the time and I kind of forgot about the guitar. One day some years later I was looking around in the attic and found the case, when I opened it the guitar had just came apart. Looked like it just exploded. Seems my Mom didn't know that the attic is not a good place to store a guitar. The sad part of it is that some years later after my mom had passed, I went up into the attic but did not find the guitar. Guess Mom chucked it out.

A 1982gibson les paul. A 1976 gibson es175. and my first electric guitar a 60's something sears Silvertone and its amp.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I gave away a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and an Ibanez short-scale Bass to people who I thought were really interested in playing but were full of crap.

they weren't worth bunches but they could have gone to people that actually have a REAL interest in playing.

>=[
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle