Topic: Spring! The furnace is off and the guitar is out!

Heeding the advice of my local guitar salesman, my Fender has lived this winter in the gig bag with a humidifier.  It only got out to practice and play.  Spring has sprung, the furnace is off, and my guitar is set free.  In the last few days I have found myself just picking it up at random to practice.  Seems like the hassle of getting it out of the case (boy, am I lazy) kept me from it more than I realized.  Really having a good time.  Practiced til my fingers hurt.

Scott
Philippians 3:13, 14
Takamine GS330S

Re: Spring! The furnace is off and the guitar is out!

Shame on you Scott!!!! Why would you neglect a perfectly good guitar like that? What has it done to you? I bet it has given you hours of love and you stick it in a lonely, cold case. I hope it forgives you and sings like a good guitar should.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep mine on a stand and play it every day

Mine is always within reach.

Spring!!! We've just going into winter over here!

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

There are four guitars and two basses on stands in my office.  One of the guitars is right beside my chair and I will run through a song or practice a riff while my computer is downloading or uploading files.  Keep it handy.  The humidifier is a good idea, though.  I run a whole room humidifier in my office during the dry months.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It's not that I wanted to punish my Fender.  It's a solid top and the salesman told me low humidity would eventually damage it.  I don't have a room humidifier, so I used a humidifier in the gig bag.  It gets very cold and dry in the winter in Iowa.  It also gets very hot and humid in the summer.  Best (or worst) of both worlds.  I did it for it's own good.  Tough love, you know.

Scott
Philippians 3:13, 14
Takamine GS330S

Living in the temperate South East of England I have a Strat, a Tele and an Epiphone Wildkat on the wall about 8 feet away, with an amp tucked under my desk, my Ovation on a stand about 15 feet away and the Guild leant up against the piano about 8 feet away. None of them more than about 6 steps from the sofa!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live