Topic: nothing in particular, but......................

hi I've been playing acoustic guitar 4 almost a year but i just got my first ever PINK electric guitar today (hence the name "in the pink") just wonderin if any1 can help me improve the sound of it (in other words: help me play better) cos when i play it sounds like.............well i don't want 2 describe it.
thanx.

Re: nothing in particular, but......................

First off, turn the volume and tone controls on the guitar up to full and adjust amp volume to reasonable level. Make the same chords you did on the acoustic, do they sound clangy (surf or garage punk style) or do they distort a bit? Set the tone control on the amp to mid if you want a rock sound.

Does the amp have a gain control or an overdrive button? You may find pushing the button in makes the gain control live, set it low then tweak up a bit. Do you get a fuzzy raunchy sound now? Still not happy? Try dropping the tone control on the guitar down and roll off the volume control on the guitar, raise the amp volume to compensate. You should be rockin' now... Let us know how it goes...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'