Topic: John Reno in Florida

Got a call from Florida from my longtime buddy, John Reno to bring my tuba and play a weekend concert series with him in Southwest Florida.
it's gonna take me a month of practice to get my chops together enough to keep up with John but the good times are well worth it.
toots

Here's John playing a song by Dell Suggs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVGhVxd0 … r_embedded

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: John Reno in Florida

John is playing his new small Taylor guitar. This is small enough to go in overhead storage on a plane.
Taylor recently introduced this guitar to replace the "Baby Taylor" that had insufficient bracing. Big sound for a small guitar.

Is it a public gig toots? I'm in St Pete now - would love to see you and John play. Post or email me the details!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Will do, sir. Will announce times and locations as soon as I find out.
Be great to see you again, Jeff.
Sure would like to catch Toney's act when I get down there.
Have tuber will travel.
The Tootmiester

5 (edited by badeye 2011-02-23 02:10:59)

Sounds like great fun,,, nice weather,,  we have huge mounds of snow,,,,  need a roadie???

that would be a blast..   badeye   cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

Sounds like great fun,,, nice weather,,  we have huge mounds of snow,,,,  need a roadie???

that would be a blast..   badeye   cool

I think we can haul our equipment okay but your company and music will be appreciated anywhere, anytime, sir.
toots

Have our schedule firmed up.
I drive down April 27th. On April 28th, we play at the Friendly Fisherman Seafood Restaurant 1-5 P.M. at 150 John's Pass Boardwalk Place
Madeira Beach, Florida 33708-2625 Phone (U.S.) (941) 627-6025
I'm told it is a nice beach bar and eatery right on the beach near a channel where we can see boats going in and out.
On Friday, April 29th, we play "The Nav-A-Gator" 7-10 P.M.
9700 S.W. Riverview Cir. Acadia, Florida 34269 Phone (U.S.) (941) 627-3474. This is the place I told you guys about last year. Has to be the coolest waterfront bar anywhere.
Saturday, the 30th, we have a private house concert 6-10 P.M. Our hosts told me to bring a bathing suit. They haven't seen me in a bathing suit and no one EVER WILL. A portly geezer needs to wear something close as possible to a circus tent.
Hope to see Topdown while in that part of the world. I owe him a beer or twelve.
toots

You don't owe me anything my friend, quite the contrary, I'd say. I'd love to see the Thursday afternoon gig if I can get off work. Regardless, lets hook up Thursday night and go see Toney (southpaw) at his standing Thursday night gig at Jimmy Guana's on Indian Rocks Beach(401 2nd St). Bring your tu8ba, I'll bring a guitar and maybe we can make a jam session out of it.

Your Friday gig is an 1-1/2 drive, but hell - you drove a lot more than that to jam with me, so I am going to do my best to check that out too. Sounds like a bar that I would enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing you again and seeing Reno live for the first time. I have a feeling all of his/your gigs are great time.

Let me know where you are staying the evening of 4/29. I plan on going to the east coast of Fla on 4/30, so maybe I'll get a hotel there - may give us another opportunity to strum a few tunes together.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi Gang. Please allow me to update my fun trip to Florida. We had a great time and the hospitality was superb.
Our friend Jeff (Topdown) came out to the Friendly Fisherman to join us. What a treat. After our gig, topdown led us to the Holiday Inn where we could see Toney Hall (Southpaw41L) play at his gig. Topdown was so right about Toney. That man is inspiring, fun and a bundle of positive energy. He was kind to visit with us at our table. Toney is much beloved by the employees at his venue as well as his audience. Toney invited John Reno to join him onstage for a tune. We were wowed by Toney's tight show and great voice. We were also impressed by Toney's looper pedal and cool guitar effects when he played lead.
The next night we returned to the Nav-A-Gator for a wild night with many friends and super cool management and employees.
On Saturday we played a pool party at a private house concert.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= … mp;theater
It was a hoot with cordial hosts, cool guests, a washtub of cold beer onstage, great food and a room for the night.
Back to Alabama the next morning - grateful to all we met for good times and sincere friendship.
toots

Sounds like a great little working vacation Toots!  Getting to see Jon Reno, Jeff, and Toney I'm sure was awesome!

BTW your link isn't a working link, even if I log into facebook.  sad

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

See if this works, MKM.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … .693083233