1 (edited by blackwolf27 2011-05-12 15:56:05)

Topic: Loving Somebody

This is the first song I've tried writing I hope you like it. Its for acoustic, ive found chords for it and it is pretty basic, it has G, Em, C, and D. In a few weeks I plan to record the song and put it on itunes, hopefully I might even make a video, who knows. So without further ado here is my first song: Loving Somebody.

Verse 1/Intro:
             How can you tell me “I love you"
             When its my heart you're willing to tear
             How can you say that “this is true"
             When you seem like you don't give a care
             What am I supposed to do
             You've left this pain for me to bare
Chorus:
             This isn't a fairytale
             No one will save me
             No one has traveled this trail
             Come rescue me, where could you be?
             Loving Somebody?
Verse 2:
             I remember that night, going up to my bed
             Our love, I thought could never die
             But now its your picture I want to shred
             How could you tell me this lie
             For once our meeting I dread
             This is our final good-bye
Chorus:
             This isn't a fairytale
             No one will save me
             No one has traveled this trail
             Come rescue me, where could you be
             Loving Somebody
Bridge:
             Somebody come and tell me its all right
             Somebody find me, show me the way
             Into your loving arms that will hold me all night
             Will I find you today
             Please save me from this fright
             Loving Somebody
Verse 3:
             Its gonna be okay, look into my eyes
             I can let him go, this I hope you know
             I didn't have to try, he always made me cry
             Finally in your arms, you will never let me go
             When I look in your eyes, I don't ask why
Outro:
             Because, this is a fairytale
             Someone saved me
             You've traveled my trail
             You've rescued me, this was meant to be
             I've found my Loving Somebody

Well, what do you guys think? I will put a link or something when i can

Re: Loving Somebody

Some good lyrics blackwolf,I hope some of the good songwriters here will come along and help you with some chords.Welcome too the forum.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice lyrics and I have an idea for a tune, but first I notice that the third verse seems to be short a line?

If you can correct that I will try and whack something up for you to use or discard as you see fit. My singing is not the best but I will record what I end up with and post it for you and anyone else who is interested to download. With your permission I will also need to change the gender of the lyrics.

Nice work keep it up.

As always I hope you enjoy my musical journey as much as I do.

alright thats aweome i would love that and idk how i would b able to fix the third verse but if u can think of a way let me know thanks for your help

hi blackwolf27welcome to chordie,these are brilliant lyrics,i hope you get it sorted soon and a recording,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I have a had a more indepth look at the lyrics and I am a little puzzled, perhaps I am interpreting them wrong or perhaps they have been written incorrectly. My query is.....

In the first few verses you are talking directly to a person eg: "How can YOU tell me “I love you""

then later in verse 3 you appear to be talking to somebody else about the person you origonally began talking to? 
eg: " I can let HIM go, this I hope you know"

Can you clarify this please as it presents a lyrical problem as I currently interpretet it. I cant recall ever seeing a song where the subject of the lyrics changes as the song progresses, it just feels wrong.

Thanks.

I think I finally have my head around the interpretation, and have re-written the final verse for you so that it fits with the same verse structure of the previous 2 verses. See if you like this suggestion:

Its gonna be okay, look into my eyes
I can let him go, I hope you know
that he always made me cry
but in your arms my love will grow
I dont ask you why
I just let the feeling flow

Hi blackwolf27
As this is just lyrics without a chord a structure as yet I have moved the post to poems section.
The "sticky at the top of the Songwriting section gives the reasons as to why this was done.
Nice set of lyrics has potential.
Arkady (Mod)

9 (edited by steelstrings 2011-05-12 11:48:48)

I have the some problem when i write a song. I can't think of a good tune to put to it. It's annoying! mad

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

hi blackwolf, welcome to poems.

i think i've worked out the problem, you've mixed up the bridge and 3rd verse. if you play what you've marked as "bridge" as verse 3 it works. verse 3 then becomes the bridge (hope you've got a tune for it?)

i made my own rhythm and chords to play it, which will most likely differ immensly from what you've written.

nice write, looking forwrd to hearing the finnished song. let us know when you post it

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

yes man your effort is too good. I really like your effort carry on.

spam link removed - you're 1 step away from a ban

Sorry it has taken so long to upload this ( I forgot I had recorded it lol )

Anyway the song can be found at http://songsprouts.com/profile.php?id=1243

You will notice that when I recorded it I made the changes that I had suggested to get the lyrics to fit correctly and I also made a mistake with the vocals by not singing the outro differently to the chorus. If you want the chord structure let me know and I will post them. Also I would like to include your name on the credits and the copyright for the song so please pm me with your name and I will include your name on the copyright with APPRA.  Lovely lryrics I hope you enjoy my interpretation of them.

13 (edited by blackwolf27 2011-09-16 12:51:29)

@ seriousfun thanks i have put a tune to it but i will still listen to it but yeah be sure to copyright on it with my name cus i have a music video for it plus im using it in my band
HERE IS THE VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSE5OlLlyBc

14 (edited by janejam 2012-07-28 11:18:58)

deleted by mod....if you want blue pils, go see your doctor

I must read and listen poem of Abbey and Henry, they are my favorite poem author these person are my loving persons. I love with them and also love with their poem