Topic: Saving songbook to word or excel

Hi, I would like to use my laptop as a songbook for gigs,it works well if I am in a wifi area as I can access the net,many times I am not in a area where I can do tis. Is there a way to save songbook to word or excel,either in chord over or chordpro format? Thanks, Ken

Re: Saving songbook to word or excel

Hi kchigs1 & welcome to the chordie forum!

I'm no tech whiz, but this workaround might suit your needs:
You will then see two windows.
The top window will show the song in 'raw' chordpro format.
The bottom window shows how the file will look when displayed in chordie.
You can now edit out fluff and make any changes you want in the top window.
Your changes can be saved using the 'save' button between the windows.
Once the file is ready, you can simply copy and past the whole thing into a Word document.
The file will not have the chord-over display, but it will be complete and not take up as much space on your laptop's screen.
Also, you would have to do this process for each song separately.

Perhaps a more tech-savvy person has another idea?  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

There is a new button on the right hand side of every song called "chopro". Click it, and you will get a version that is easy to save in Word.

Hi, has anyone had success with the save songbook to I-pod notes function. It seems once saved I should be able to open this on my computer however it comes up in various languages other than english. Can anyone help in this area. Thanks Ken

5 (edited by kchigs1 2008-02-24 22:25:20)

Hi, has anyone had success with the save songbook to I-pod notes function. It seems once saved I should be able to open this on my computer however it comes up in various languages other than english. Can anyone help in this area.  Is there anyone who has used it and had success? Your input is appreciated. Thank-you

6 (edited by Commodore64 2011-07-02 08:15:06)

You can use a program called Songpress.

Paste a song in ChordPro (or even Tab) format into Songpress, as explained by admin. Songpress will format it. Then, copy your beautifully formatted song as an image from Songpress, and paste it into Word (or any other program: Publisher, etc.).

Where is the 'edit' button?

victor_julie wrote:

Where is the 'edit' button?

The "edit" button has been disabled.
Please don't ask a question that has nothing to do with original post on an existing thread as this is considered highjacking start a new thread.
thanks
ark