Re: Poems are not Songs

hi all what i sometimes do is post my lyrics in the poetry section then when i have put chords to the lyrics i copy and paste it into the songwriting section put the chords in and delete the poem,EASY PEASY.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

A poem is but a muse, and music is but a poem with soul, harmony & melody. Hmmm.

You can't take more out of life, than you are prepared to put in.

I think poems can be songs if they are added beautiful music.

cindygaga wrote:

I think poems can be songs if they are added beautiful music.

Ah Yes but music has to be added first until then they are poems and so must remain in the poem forum... smile
ark

all the above arguments are good, i agree with each as i read them. so the fact must be that the poem section has (for the most part) been mis-titled! it should read "the song without melody (yet) section" seems a bit long though?
the poem section was begun because people (like me) would write a few verses hoping to make a song, or sometimes just as a poem, hoping that someone might come along and write a beautiful melody line for it, and then maybe form a mutually benificial partnership al la elton john/bernie taupin.

all i can say is, if you post a song sans chords, expect them to be moved to poems until you have chords for it. if you'd like someone to put a melody to your work...ask, simples. when chords have been added, the poem/song will then be moved back to songwriting.

IT HATH EVER BEEN THUS. AND EVER SHALL REMAIN SO UNTIL THE STARS FALL AND THE SUNS GOLDEN LIGHT DIMINISHES INTO PARODIES OF MARAUDING ANGELS.

phill (sorry 'bout the last bit)

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.