Topic: Selling/Buying

I've been having trouble with my acoustic guitar recently. When I tried to fret notes lower than about the 10th fret, I got a bad buzz or completely wrong notes, with the string fretting on a fret further down the fretboard. I thought this was a problem with uneven frets, so I took the guitar down to a guitar repair shop my friends recommended. The guy there saw that the problem was not with uneven frets, but rather with a large warp in the neck itself. It was making a big hump down on the lower bits of the fretboard. To fix this, he tried to loosen the truss rod, but lo and behold, it was already loosened all the way. I'm a total novice at guitar, and I've been trying to teach myself, so this fret problem has definitely been a major stumbling block, and now it turns out it can't be fixed. So, I want to pawn my guitar, and use that money to maybe possibly be closer to buying a decent guitar. My guitar was this one: <a href="http&#58;&#47;&#47;www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008EH62S/104-4316440-0742324?v=glance&n=172282" target="_blank"> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008E … 16440-0742 324?v=glance&n=172282</a>

So, finally, my question is, for how much should I try to pawn this? It's selling for 130 on Amazon, but of course it's presumed to be fine on there. Also, for part two of my ridiculously long inquiry, is there another acoustic guitar you people can recommend? I will probably go to that guitar shop I went to earlier and buy one from there, because I will definitely want to try my guitars before I buy them from now on, but perhaps I will see one of the guitars you folks recommended there.

Re: Selling/Buying

Nice looking guitar and for only 130 dolla, about £75, not bad at all.
My advice since you say you are a complete novice and self teaching yerself is not to go spending too much money on a guitar.
I know if it was me I would spend maybe about £60 on one, but over there in USA ye get things cheaper than here, so I am not sure about prices to advise you on.

have the amount yer prepared to spend then look round shops and try them out in the shops, even if you are not great and dont want people to hear you play in a shop. I done this for my second guitar and I was awful, a few chords strummed, got some funny looks. But I never saw these people again so no need to be shy.
If it feels good for you and you can afford it, buy it.

then when you progress and get better upgrgade your guitar.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Selling/Buying

While I am novice, I would in truth much rather have a guitar that actually has a full range of playability, and some room of my improvement. That guitar I linked, as I thoroughly explained in my first post, turned out to be not such a great guitar. Or at least that guitar in particular. What my main question was, though, was for how much I should try to sell that 130 dollar guitar with the warped neck. My friend and I are going to try to pawn it on Monday. He's a good haggler, so I'm hoping for a decent amount of money, but I need to know how much I can reasonably expect.