Topic: Just saying helo...

Hi all, just thought I'd post a quick hello as a new user of this fine site. My thanks to all those who've contributed tabs/chord patterns for the likes of me to pinch. wink

As it goes I'm not new to guitar playing, but have recently started again after a twenty odd year break and learning all over again.

Just an old fart struggling to get by in a life filled with pratfalls....

Re: Just saying helo...

You have good company, then.  Many of us took up or took back up guitar when our beards were gray and hair sparse. 

Welcome to Chordie.  I look forward to your participation. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome Usky.  Same story here.  I spent more years not playing than playing.  It was a roller coaster for sure.  Now I have been back to it for about 5 years steady.  Every day, that is.  Sure makes a difference.  Stick around and join in.  We look forward to your comments and company.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I too didnt play for a while.Believe it or not,it was the tab sites that got me back in.All this music at my fingertips.Now i have 5 three ring binders full of tabs at my disposal.When I get too stressed there is nothing like playing to relieve it.Makes you(as in me) appreciate it even more when you get back to playing on a regular basis.WELCOME TO CHORDIE

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Hi ya Usky- and welcome. Like a lot of others I came back to playing after a long break. At the tender age of 61 years I'm having more fun than ever. My thanks to all you here on Chordie, you all have helped me more than you know.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

welcoms to chordie,  great site here. 

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Welcome Aboard!

Some things get better with age and the second time around....  like a bottle of Whiskey.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Welcome Usky, I think you will really enjoy this site.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome to Chordie! I've found that hanging around this site tends to make me more excited about guitar and learning more and improving. You'll find some great folks here too!

All You Need is Love smile

Thanks for the welcome folks - so it seems (with a few exceptions naturally) I've accidentally dropped in to a fellow 'Old Fart' community here! big_smile

I'll try not to bore you all too much with my inane drivel. wink

Welcome to Chordie Usky!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Doug_Smith wrote:

Welcome Aboard!

Some things get better with age and the second time around....  like a bottle of Whiskey.

Take Care;
Doug

I have to say that while whiskey does improve with age, I have no plans to sample it on the second time around.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

mekidsmom wrote:

Welcome to Chordie Usky!

Thank you!

Love your siggy... all I need now is to find people with cloth ears lol

Welcome to Chordie, Usky, from a fellow Brit ( yes, there are a few here)! It's a great place to hang out...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

Welcome to Chordie, Usky, from a fellow Brit ( yes, there are a few here)! It's a great place to hang out...

Thanks Norm - I've enjoyed sitting on the sidelines and just reading bits in the forums, but have spent most of my time reading and playing the various songs available.

This is a great spot not to feel stupid in! Always lots of help and comments available. Would not be the player I am today ( if I can call myself a player ) without it. Welcome Usky.

shymae butty, nice to welcome a fellow welshman, i have tried to educate the other members that we welsh are not english and we dont like being called english, it's all good humoured banter. any time you need a chat give me a call.

ps. i hate tabs. mainly cos i cant work em out.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

johnnyvitalis wrote:

This is a great spot not to feel stupid in! Always lots of help and comments available. Would not be the player I am today ( if I can call myself a player ) without it. Welcome Usky.

Thanks Johnny - nice to meet so many friendly faces here. As the old saying goes, great oaks from little acorns grow... my playing is still at acorn stage, but give it time, give it time. wink

Phill Williams wrote:

shymae butty, nice to welcome a fellow welshman, i have tried to educate the other members that we welsh are not english and we dont like being called english, it's all good humoured banter. any time you need a chat give me a call.

ps. i hate tabs. mainly cos i cant work em out.

phill

Shymae Phil butty,

Funny how many colonials refer to the UK as England isn't it? Keep on educating mate and I'll lend a hand. Wales is very definitely a superior country. wink

I'm starting to get a grip on tabs, but it's slow progress. I dare say I'd have done better take a few lessons!

John

Don't be so sure about those lessons Usky.  My teacher is a hack who plays no better than his student.  Of course, I am self-taught...

- Zurf

Hey there! I'm a newbie here as well and it's a great pleasure for me to meet you!

<commercial web site removed by moderator>

Welcome Daniel77.

hi usky welcome to the best time of your life,just enjoy the experience.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Zurf wrote:

Don't be so sure about those lessons Usky.  My teacher is a hack who plays no better than his student.  Of course, I am self-taught...

- Zurf

Ha! You wag, sir big_smile

daddycool wrote:

hi usky welcome to the best time of your life,just enjoy the experience.....stay cool

Thanks Daddyo... I'm as cool as a lizard lounging wink