Topic: They Play Indoors.

After all the troubles lately in London and other English cities, this came to me this morning when I saw a young lad, no more than 18, accelerating down my street with a drink in one hand and changing gear with the other. It's a narrow street and we sometimes have a few kids playing outside, luckily not today, they play indoors...

They Play Indoors.           Phill Williams

When my kids were young.
They played on the street.
They had clothes on their backs.
They had shoes on their feet.
Now my kids have kids of their own.
They play indoors.

There's kids walking `round.
Sky high on drugs.
Can's of strong lager.
Left where they've fallen, litter the ground.
They wear hoodies and scarves to hide who they are.
They fight in the street, smash up your car.

Mayhem precedes them.
Destruction in their wake.
Gang warfare, knives and shootings.
Addiction and death is their fate.
And my kids now have kids of their own.
They play indoors....safe?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: They Play Indoors.

Pretty much hits the nail on the head in these times.  Good one, Phill

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

3 (edited by dino48 2011-08-14 17:03:12)

That seems to be happening in alot places,itis a shame kids can not enjoy outdoors more. What is happaning in the uk looks real bad right now,I think they shoud deploy they army and if they have too use some kind of force on them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

t all seems to have quietened down now pretty much. all we've got now is the political rhetoric. the political parties are blaming each other for the mess they've made. the conservatives want to reduce the numbers of coppers, and say it's the fault of the police force for not reacting in the right manner. then they say it's the fault of the parents because they're out of work and they live in high rise slums and are surrounded by druggies! what they seem to forget is that it was their party and maggie thatcher that started the whole "break the unions and throw all the working class onto the dole (unemployment benefit) cycle" they've been in power just a year and once again they've thrown thousands out of work, closed down factories, put up prices and reduced benefits. their now talking about reducing tax for the rich! so the poor slobs that get up each morning to go to a thankless, minimum wage and dead end job with no chance of getting a pay rise to off-set inflation, have to shoulder the tax burden. and worse, make the rich people richer. that's conservatism. it's time the decent people of the uk woke up.

sorry for the political rant, but i am incensed about this situation

phill

I'm glad i'm not one of those kids. I'd rather sit at home and watch top gear.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

sure thing SS, chuck another prawn on the barbie bruce

I think alotof these events happen because of the internet,over here they are texting etc and starting things at certian times like yesterday a bunch of teens showed up at a convience store and all went in and took what they wanted without paying.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

UK  home of political correctness  i wonder if this has anything to do with the problems there?

The King Of Audio Torture

you could well be right, but just like most other daft ideas, eg; "they need a good talking to" PC came from the US!

i've seen a cracker today, they've said their going to come down with the full force of the law on the rioters, two were sentenced to 4 years jail? which means out after 2 years, spent in a holiday camp! and the "human rights brigade" have said it's "against their human rights"

i wonder if they had to give the 12 i-phones, 3 50 inch plasmas, 8 X-Boxes and 3 packs of crisps back?