Topic: QUESTION: What is your favourite acoustic album of all time?

Pretty easy guys, im looking for some quality to get me through the summer holidays.

Im struggling with my decision, at first i was going to go for something by James Taylor, but instead im going to go for Tracy Chapman-Tracy Chapman.

So whats your favourite?

"just keep strumming, just keep strumming, just keep strumming, strummming, strummming"

Re: QUESTION: What is your favourite acoustic album of all time?

Crosby, Still, Nash,     

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Neil Young

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Any of the earlier Iron and Wine albums, and "Hello I'm In Delaware" by City and Colour smile

All You Need is Love smile

5 (edited by dino48 2011-07-14 01:40:11)

Jim Croce, any album he has done.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Most anything Bluegrass but Doyal Dykes and Doc Watson are awesome. On the rock side id have to throw Clapton unplugged in there.

"Unplugged" by Eric Clapton.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Grateful dead  reckoning.
Bob dylan: blood on the tracks
Nirvana: unplugged
Jack johnson: on and on
Shaun colvin: steady on
Michele shocked: arkansas travler

Just a few off the top of my head. New to the fourm sitting at the beach

Dan Fogelberg.Not the lame 80s Fogelberg you heard on the radio.Go deeper into the albums and you will be amazed.                                                                                                                                               Leonard Cohen :Almost anything.If anyone has been covered by everyone it`s him.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Alice in Chains Unplugged. First performance after Staley got out of rehab and kinda rough but it is one of my all-time favorite albums.

I have been mulling this over for a couple of days.. The album that sticks in my mind is Hot August Night by Neill Diamond back in the 70's I think.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

12 (edited by dino48 2011-09-29 17:03:08)

Bushey I forgot about that one it was a great album and I still have it. I also have the songbook. he did a great job andinspired me too buy an ovation guitar. ( sold it later ) He did that at the Greek in Los Angeles.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Try Guy Clark or Tom Russell if your not familiar with either of them. Both are well known by many. Really great song writers. You can YouTube them to check them out.

Joe

bushy243 wrote:

I have been mulling this over for a couple of days.. The album that sticks in my mind is Hot August Night by Neill Diamond back in the 70's I think.

All the best
Bushy

My dad had that album. I loved it!

townes by Steve Earl