Topic: Epiphone Regent 30

OK, so I have this Epiphone Regent 30 acoustic amplifier. (Wasn't sure where to post this.)  Anyway, this amp has a high and low input.  It also has an XLR mic input and a speaker extension input (8 ohms).  A few questions:

1. The low input works, but the high does not.  What's the difference between the two? Any specific application?  Would getting the high input fixed
really give me any other options?

2. I'm not sure how the speaker extension works....I'd like to avoid blowing it up or what I connect into it.  I have a POWERED Peavey PR 12 D monitor.
Specs indicate 8 ohms nominal impedance.  I'm thinking I need a passive speaker for this?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Epiphone Regent 30

Hi Cork.  i too have an epiphone amp...a little 5 amp junior which does me well.  It also has two input sockets on the back with a differant rating.  Both work with the guitar plugged in.  no one has ever bann able to tell me what they are for and why they are differant.  I include the shop where i bought it, my teacher, the manual and searches on the net.  If you ever find out what they are for let me know!!

Pat

My ambition far exceeds my ability

It has always been my understanding that a high input is for a guitar with passive PU's and a low input is for one with active ones.

So a normal electic guitar would plug into the high and an electro acoustic (with a battery and pre-amp) would go into the low input some as not to overload the amp.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

When I have a guitar I feel like being inspired. I always want to have the best for my self.

spam removed