Topic: Left-handed Uke Players?

Hi, Folks--
  Anyone else out there play the ukelele left-handed?  I'm left-handed, but I learned to play the guitar right-handed (after learning early on that playing left-handed without reversing the strings is tough and sounds bad).  When I got a uke as a present last year, though, I found it much easier to play left-handed.  Attack and strum patterns aren't really an issue they way they are with a guitar.  I can play right-handed, too, but prefer left-handed.  Has anyone else experienced this?

YoundEdMama

Re: Left-handed Uke Players?

playing upside down didnt make hendrix sound bad. though i must say having done the upsidedown thing more than once in a pub (or 2) it is difficult but not impossible. i was recently in tenerife and a fellow welshman named taffy (original huh?) played lefty on a right handed guitar and his lead was excellent. if you ever get to tenerife try taffy's bar and say phill sent you.

i was given a uke for my birthday last year, but it wont stay in tune, it's gathering dust in the corner now! but good luck, and welcome to chordie.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

mr zeng has been wiped out due to excessive amounts of spam in his burgers.

phill

i am also left handed. so i had to switched the strings back and forth because my brother also plays right handed

Yo soy  zurdo toco uke baritono y comenze intentando a
prender como diestro pero ...me fue mal y cambie cuerdas y nada  poco a poco asi que si alguien toca baritono y me quieer echar una mano .Gracias