1 (edited by jimmybcool 2011-12-07 02:20:17)

Topic: Two Questions

Hi all,

Great site.  Wonderful resource.  Thanks to the owners and admin for the work.

I have two issues I wish I could figure out.  I am using Songbook on an iPad which uses chordpro files.

1)  I have figured out how to find and download songs using my iPad.  But I would like to be able to do it from my desktop computer.  I'd like to get the files and then be able to work on them before loading them finished into my iPad.  So how do I download to my iMac first?  And how do I do groups of songs?

2)  Beatles music is a mystery to me.  I think I was able to see it prior to creating a login and registering.  Now I get a message that they are not available to people in the UK.  I feel for our brothers and sisters in the UK but the odd thing is I am in Arizona so I don't know why I am blocked.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Two Questions

Hi again jimmibcool, I am not familier with either ipad,or mac computer softwhere. hope one of the admin,or moderators will check this out. Keep checking your post out and maybe after awile you can send an email straight too one of them. Good luck and dont' give up.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi JimmybCool and welcome to Chordie.  To download to your pc, you need to have some type of software that can read the chordpro format.  There's a free program called Songbook that can do that.  Then you just view the chordpro version of the song and copy/paste into the program, edit as you wish and save it.  It's not as easy as simply downloading like it is with the iPad (can't wait to get an iPhone so I can do that!).

As for Beatles music, the admin has had to block these in the UK due to laws, and unfortunately he hasn't found a fool proof way to script the website.  Sometimes errors occur and people in the US are blocked.  I suggest going into your profile settings and making sure that your time zone is set properly... I'm not quite sure what it is that throws it off, but that has helped some people in the past.

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

4 (edited by jimmybcool 2011-12-07 12:11:30)

Hi Amy,

Thanks.  Changing my timezone fixed the Beatles lock out issue.  But I had to change it to +11 hours NOT to my real PST or MST time zones.  In any case I'm OK just giving you all the info in the event your programers are trying to debug the problem.  Thanks.

Last night I figured out how to work on chordpro files on my mac using text edit.  My only remaining issue (which isn't huge) is that I can't download files to my iMac.  I have to first download to my iPad, then upload from there to my iMac, then work them, then download them back to the iPad.  And I can only do one file at a time instead of say taking 100 files at once into my iMac for later use.

I will pursue the songbook program on my iMac.  So far I haven't found that or can't see how it resolves the direct download and multiple download issue.  I'll update you if I do.

Thanks

Jim

Edit to add - I think I see the issue.  There is a Songbook program for PC but none for the Mac OS.  I guess I can always cut and paste files into the text edit program and that resolves everything except the ability to download multiple files at one time.  I think until a songbook for Mac OSX comes out this is a hard limitation.

5 (edited by jimmybcool 2011-12-07 17:50:29)

It is unclear to me if you are actually discussing my questions.   Your link appears to go to a spam site.  Care to clarify?

Edit to add - there WAS another post in this thread that appeared to be spam and has been removed.  Really, I'm not talking to myself here smile

jimmybcool wrote:

Really, I'm not talking to myself here smile

but that is one sure way of getting a sensible answer lol

Welcome to Chordie,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:
jimmybcool wrote:

Really, I'm not talking to myself here smile

but that is one sure way of getting a sensible answer lol

Welcome to Chordie,

Roger

It's OK.  I like my own company.  We are very entertaining to ourselves.  smile

Jim

Hi again jimmibcool,glad you got some help from the others,as for the beatles I think it is best to print them out asap. I know thier music rights are in the process of being sold too Sony I think so we may all be out of luck. I have most of my favorites in a print form binder

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm trying to go to Chordie on my iPod Touch, but I get the message to use the iPhone Chordie site. When I go to a site and look for artists or songs, all I get is endless pages of the alphabet - no names. Search just gives me a blank page. The only item that works is the chord chart. I have a 4th generation iPod with updated software. Any idea what's going on? I would love to use Chordie on this device.

I have used Songbook for years, but on my PC.  Ialso have it for my Android phone and recently purchased it for my IPAD II.  I keep all my chordpro songs in a file called Asongs and just tranfer the whole batch to my android and IPAD at once.  Macs are a bit different and I don't understand how to transfer files easily.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Really confused now, can I download my chordie songs to my pc/laptop or will I need to buy an (aaaaaaargh...no likie) iPad

can anyone take me through it step by step