I started a thread called World Wide Jamm Session. The idea is to do a campfire style jam where each person plays a song and then passes the baton to the next player.
There seemed a good bit of interest in participating, but it seemed folks weren't sure how to do it. Here's how.
1. Be sure that your computer has a microphone and if you want to share video, a web cam. (Web cam is optional) Most laptops have built in microphones. Desktop computers usually have to have one added. It doesn't have to be high quality.
2. Go to www.skype.com and sign up for an account. Accounts are free, at least in the U.S. I think they are free worldwide.
3. Once you have an account and have installed the software (also free to download), launch the Skype application.
4. Go to add a contact. You can do this either by clicking on the Add a Contact button near the bottom of the Skype screen, or by using the top menu with the following steps: Click on Contacts to get a drop down menu. From the drop down menu, click on Add a Contact.
5. A search screen will appear. In the search screen put "Derek Zurfluh" in the Full Name or Skype Name field. Then click the "+Add" button.
This will send a message to me that you want to add me as a contact. When I accept, we will be connected.
Tell me below in this thread or in the other thread that you want to participate. However, if you tell me you want to participate but don't establish the connection between us via Skype, we won't be able.