Topic: For those inclined towards prayer

If you are a person of faith and inclined towards prayer, I would appreciate prayers on behalf of my friend Tom.  Tom is a skilled guitarist and song-writer who has recently been diagnosed with advanced liver and colon cancer.  He is not expected to get better.  His life expectancy is indeterminate.  While none of us are promised tomorrow, it's a heck of a thing to discover that the possibility of growing to old age is zero without miraculous intervention. 

So, if you've got it in you, please say some prayers for Tom.

If you aren't a person of faith, I apologize for the interruption to your day.  Good vibes and happy thoughts are also appreciated. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: For those inclined towards prayer

Said a prayer. smile

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Sorry to hear this.  I wish him the best.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thoughts and prayers for Tom, his family and friends.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

You got mine zurf,I do not go too church but I do belive in a higher power.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sending your buddy Tom a trifecta of good vibes, happy thoughts and prayer. cancer sucks.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

7 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-04-12 23:09:40)

Derek,I`m not a person of faith but I wish all the very best for your friend.  Oh, it is NOT an interuption at all. Hope all goes well. That is why I changed my quote to "ENJOY EVERY SANDWICH". It has nothing to do with food.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Saying prayers for him. Doesn't he attend our monthly jam sessions?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

9 (edited by zguitar 2012-04-13 01:50:02)

Prayers going out.

Just curious, is Tom a believer?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

jets60 wrote:

Saying prayers for him. Doesn't he attend our monthly jam sessions?

He's the one. 

I also found out that my Uncle Bob has gone into hospice today.  He, along with my father and grandfather, fueled my passion for fishing.  He also taught me about poker, and the first thing he taught me is that he's a lot better at it than I am.  He's 90 years old, a gentle soul who loves gardening and the outdoors, and a veteran of some of the fiercest fighting of World War II.  He was a mechanic for the Black Widow Squadron in an area known as "the slot" in the South Pacific.  The Udvar-Hazy museum has one of two remaining Black Widows in flying condition.  I sent Uncle Bob some pictures of it.  I've written him several letters, but it looks like it's time to go visit in person.  I'll take a guitar and a fishing rod.  I may get some creek time for myself, and I may play a few songs for him and those with him. 

Z - I don't know.  I think so.  I met him through a church function.  But as they say, just because you're in a garage doesn't make you a car. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Will do.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Prayers said for Tom and Uncle Bob. God be with them.

Prayers sent.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I'll keep Tom in my prayers and place him on our prayer list.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Bad news is never good, "you likely won't make it out of this" is aweful.  Thoughts are with your friend and uncle.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.