Topic: Levon Helm The Band

Just heard Levon Helm of the band is going through the last stages of cancer,he is 71. Drummer singer,and songwriter. I remember him doing alot of lead singing on many of the bands songs,the Weight and a few others. seems we are losing alot of artist's this year.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Levon Helm The Band

Sad news,   Levon is a living ledgend, the Bands music is some of the best around..

badeye

one caper after another

i always felt that the band gave a "were just jamming" feel to all their music...sad that we dont notice how the famous age just like the rest of us do till one day it hits you in the face. i bet he'll rock til he drops.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

A great drummer, singer, and actor. 

Now me and my mate were back at the shack
We had Spike Jones on the box
She said, "I can't take the way he sings
But I love to hear him talk"

I just heard that Levon passed away. Think I'll listen to "The Night they Drove Ol' Dixie Down." Thank you, Levon, for all you created and everything you left behind!!

RIP ,Levon.  What a driving force behind his music. This guy totally enjoyed making music.
I think there's a little Levon Helm in every musician.Thanks for sharing your music with us.

Joe

I saw him sing The Weight and other popular songs by the band, I loved there music,he will be missed.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Pretty soon all the greats will be gone. What will we do then?????? Another sad day in R&R history.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad news,   Had the pleasure of seeing the band in '94,   Great Muscian,,

Time to watch the last waltz,,,    RIP   Levon...

badeye

one caper after another

Sad to hear about Levon Helms, great drummer, I was lucky enough to see him and the band with Bob Dylan once. RIP

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down