Topic: Music/Concert DVDs

My buddy just set up a t.v. in his garage where a bunch of us meet for a poker/b.s. session every week.  So far we've watched Clapton's 2010 Crossroads dvd and The Last Waltz.  We need to expand our library.  Any suggestions?

Re: Music/Concert DVDs

Great thread topic.

Depends on your musical tastes, but one I really enjoyed (assuming you can find it) is Def Leppard's "Live:  In the Round, In Your Face" (1989 I think).  It rocks.

Also, if you can find "Queen: Live at Wembley" (1986), that's a GREAT concert.

I guess I'm stuck in the 80's.  Oh well, there are worse places to get stuck.  smile

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

America, Jimmy Buffett, and James Taylor all have good concert videos out that I enjoy. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

4 (edited by dino48 2012-05-01 01:21:33)

lifgrd, you might try too find Martin Scorses movie/bio on George Harrison it has been out for awile now,I saw it on cable tv about two months ago,it is very good. Also the beatles Let it be,and some on John lennon. You might want too look on amazon there are alot out there and they used too have alot there.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by beamer 2012-05-01 22:35:14)

I love concert vids so ill just list mine,, also a hair band list but not all

THE WHO -AN AMAZING JOURNEY

POISON - LIVE
DOKKEN - ON NIGHT LIVE (SEMI ACOUSTIC LYNCH STICKS TO HIS STRAT BUT MAN CAN HE PLAY)
MOTLEY CRUE CARNIVAL OF SINS LIVE (NO KIDDIES FOR THIS upper body nudity if ya know what i mean)
KISS UNPLUGGED (If you can get the unedited version from kissology its a lot better, shows the mess ups and stuff)
DIO - LIVE
HEAVY METAL IN BAGDAD - The story of Acrassicauda by Vice Magize

(I will edit later after I look through my DVD collection, this is just off the top of my head)

Is the tv hooked to internet?  Then just about every VH1 BEHIND THE  MUSIC is worth watching.  plus you can find tons of highquality full concerts on youtube also.

Van Halen 5150 toure.  great concert with Sammy at the front and Eddie not drunk.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

6 (edited by badeye 2012-05-01 09:36:44)

Couple of good ones are..

Steve Ray Vaughn `Live at the El Macombo`

or   `Jump up the Blues` featuring Joe Walsh, Albert Collins and Etta James.

one more, `Festival Express`featuring,   The Grateful Dead,Janis Joplin,The Band,The Flying

Burrito Brothers, Ian Tyson, and more, the footage is shot on a train that travels across Canada

in 1970, like a documentry...

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

What about The Beatles. I don`t know if Let It Be is on dvd but I remember renting it in the 80s. Woodstock or The Song Remains The Same. I saw them on vhs. If they are on dvd, they are good choices. If you want just a silly story with good music, then the beatles in "HELP" is on dvd. A great movie that is a true story is "GRAND THEFT PARSONS". About the death of Gram Parsons. It`s funny, but it has only a few songs. One of those that seems hard to believe is true but it is.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Any of the other crossroads and Joe Bonamassa Live at Royal Albert Hall. Also Black Crowes Freak N Roll.

I second Stevie Ray.  I have that one and it is excellent.  Also James Taylor as mentioned above and CCr

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My two favorites:

Woodstock - 3 Days of Peace & Music

Alison Krauss & Union Station Live

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

The "Unplugged" series by MTV, in the 90's, was a good musical choice. I am a big fan of Alice In Chains and their Unplugged concert. Nirvana did one just before Cobain died and it is good too. Nirvana's version of "The Man Who Sold The World" is one of my favorite songs.

Of course if you are not a fan of that type of music you may not like them...