1 (edited by dino48 2012-05-23 22:20:19)

Topic: Need some member feedback on possable purchase.

I went to guitar center to drool over the martins,taylors and gibsons, I went over to the Takimine,s and tried out a couple and found one I loved it is model EG341C, an acoustic electric,built in tuner etc. I do not care to much for the Black,but it sounds as good as some of the higher priced guitars.I am getting gas!! ( I still am not taking any money out of my Martin fund) please tell me what you think or Know.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Need some member feedback on possable purchase.

I've never been overly impressed with Takamines, at least not the new ones. But to each his own. I do recommend staying the course towards your Martin purchase if that's what you ultimately want. Anything else will only be temporarily satisfying.

BEWARE OF UNCONTROLABLE GAS!!! Keep telling yourself - I will not touch the Martin fund, I will not touch the Martin fund.  BUT, if you can live with the (gasp) Black Takimine, go for it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Wait a week and see how you feel. smile

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

I wish I could help you buddy.  Don't know much about takimines, but I will tell you like the rest, that you need to save up for that Martin.  Just take some beano and their will beano gas.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I like the Taks, but I'd never buy a guitar from Guitar Center.  Go see if you can find the same or similar model at a local shop where the guy that runs the guitars takes care of 'em like they were his own.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

7 (edited by Buzzwagon 2012-05-24 06:47:59)

I've got a Takamine EG523SC. Set up from the factory was frankly crap but after a decent set up it's a great guitar. Good tone, lovely finish, very good on board electrics. If you want it, have it, you only live once!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Dino, if you have your heart set on a Martin, hang in there. You will not be satisfied with another brand guitar.
Stop going into guitar shops and looking/playing at other makes, this only torments you.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

I'll tell you what my hubby told me, "Sure you might be happy with another guitar, BUT because your heart is set on a Martin you'll still want the Martin.  Just get the Martin."

So, if you haven't enough coin yet for the Martin, keep saving.  Visit that guitar in the store, but keep on saving for that Martin.  You will not be disappointed in the end!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

10 (edited by dino48 2012-05-24 21:23:41)

Thanks for all of your opinions I put a lot of value on all of them. I am going too wait a week or so and mull it over,it is not a high end expensive guitar in fact it is only $359.00. and I made alot over the weekend with a garage sale.No I will not be going into my Martin fund. I also played a great sounding Taylor while I was there but it was really pricey,they are a great guitar. I may have too go get some Beano.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

$359 is 1/3 of the way to the Martin I want.  I'm not sure what yours will cost, but 1/3 of the way is kind of a big deal. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf is right. Put that 359 in thwe Martin fund.  Or at least half of it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I play a Takamine and enjoy the sound very much. I have gotten MANY complements from other players on how good they think it sounds. One of the guy's I play with has a Martin and, one night, he asked me if I would swap guitars with him for s few songs (which I did). He kept saying that dollar for dollar - sound for sound he would rather have a $900.00 Tak than a $2500.00 Martin. Later that night we got to talking amps and he mentions he was using an electric guitar amp - I was playing thru a acoustic amp. So, then we swapped amps and that's when the Martin came alive. He now owns a good quality acoustic amp.

Another buddy I play with has a Taylor and if he see's my Tak setting aroung in a stand he will manage to pick it up and play something with it.

Not saying that a Tak better or worse than a Martin or a Taylor but it is a quality guitar. With a Martin or Taylor you will pay more $$$$$ just because of the name. Take a look at some of the major guitar players who play Takamine's - The Eagles - Garth Brooke's - Dennis Sims just to name a few.

Nela

I don't know that you're paying more just for the name for a Martin or Taylor.  They are excellent quality guitars, and as you did above there they are pretty much the standard of measurement for other quality guitars.  You will pay a lot for the guitars, though.  That much is certain. 

The 000-15M that I want (and that the lucky duck Mekidsmom just bought) is worth every penny of the $1000 (or so) that it costs.  Compared to other $1000 guitars, there's nothing else that sounds similar.  However, when I bought my Guild, I compared it to other guitars in the room from Taylor, Martin, Larrivee, Breedlove, and Blueridge, and nothing else came close to the tone and volume it had.  Does that mean that Guild is better than those other brands?  Nope.  It means I liked this particular guitar better than those particular guitars.  Does it mean those other guitars are overpriced?  Nope.  Those are still very good quality guitars by reputable luthiers. 

All that said, Takamines are good guitars.  At every price point level, they are definitely in the mix of good value for the money at that price point. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Just for the record, Zoe Muth plays a Tak, and that makes it OK by me.  I learned this yesterday after watching her burn down the Blue Moon Tavern in Seattle. 

You should be glad I am able to report this through the haze that has been my morning.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I do have a Takamine F312 but it is small and I want to use it with only plastic strings,it has a great sound too it. I will give myself a week too think this out,I only paid $25.00 for the F312 it was left over from a garage sale!!

If you collect like I, get it, ,,   still shoot for that right Martin tho..

badeye     cool

one caper after another

Zurf wrote:

$359 is 1/3 of the way to the Martin I want.  I'm not sure what yours will cost, but 1/3 of the way is kind of a big deal. 

- Zurf

Zurf makes an EXCELLENT point!  That's about what we put down on mine... and then paid the rest a few weeks later to bring home that sweet moca sound.  Take the $$ and go pick out your Martin and put it on layaway!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I am still mulling things over,the Martin I want is the same as Pete's I will figure it out sooner or later.