Topic: Rolling in the Deep

Has anyone posted good chords for Adele's Rolling in the Deep...I found what seems to be good chords but can't seem to transpose it effectively...the capo and all has me feeling like a music theory moron sad

Thanks for the help!
btw how DO you post songs/chords?

Re: Rolling in the Deep

You don't post songs to Chordie.  It is a search engine that goes out and grabs songs which have been posted on other sites.

Give us a link to the version you found and let us know what key you want to play it in.  Maybe we can help you with the transposition/capo issue.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Check your e-mail I have sent you two versions to look at.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you both so much - I'm such a novice player that I really appreciate the help the Chordie and Chordie Members give me smile

The version I found that seems to be the best is here: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/adele … r9_crd.htm and seems to be pretty close the the Am one you sent me Roger...I like the sound of yours better but I'm having a rough time with it wink

It seemed better than this other one also on that site: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/adele … ep_crd.htm

but both are just a bit off for my voice...hence the game of transposition wink

Roger, I will work with the Cm one you sent me tonight and see if I still need to work with it from there - I am typically most comfortable in G but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again!

Kjerstin

I forgot to mention in my email that each chord shown is for 4 beats unless there is a superscript number at the side of it showing different. It is double strummed (i.e. two down strums per beat) and palm muted.

As it is in a minor key there is no way to play it in G, which is a major key, but if you really want to play the song that will be the incentive to learn new chords.

It is easier to play in Am with the capo on the 3rd fret if you want to keep to the original key but, as with any song, you really need to play it in the key that suits your voice, so you can move your capo  to a position that suits you best.

I have a good backing track that my students use which will help you keep in time so if you want, and you let me know what key (or capo position) suits you, I can adjust the key and send a copy for you to work with.

Roger

You are wonderful smile  I've been playing around with it trying to see where I can get my voice to go smile  I'm fine with the chording so far.  The backing track would be great once I figure out the key/capo situation.  I know from the little amount of music theory that I have that there was no way to go to G but my voice is more comfortable just a tad lower than Adele's - I can work in the same key for some parts but can't really sustain it and my voice keeps trying to drop back into it's comfort zone...maybe I need voice lessons lol!

Thanks so much!

Kjerstin

Try playing it and singing it it in Am without the capo. This will make it three steps lower and may suit your voice better.

Roger

Ok wink Thanks!

Kjerstin