You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-06 03:20:12

tunedeaf

Chord Editing Programs

Back when I joined Chordie a number of years ago, the one feature that set this site way above the rest for me, was the ability to edit my songs right here.
The utility was so easy to use, and I found myself editing and re-editing my songbooks, and having an absolute blast doing it.

I hate to say it, but the elimination of that feature really had a big impact on my usership here, and my playing overall, and I'd love to be able to find a program that is as powerful, yet simple as the one that Perr was using here until he ran into copyright issues and had to pull it.

Does anybody know that that program was, and if it can be purchased for private use?
If not, can anyone recommend an editor that is similar?

I've tried a few other programs, and none of them worked as well for me as the original editor here, so the closer to that one, the better.

Thanks! smile

Last edited by tunedeaf (2012-06-06 03:20:38)

#2 2012-06-07 05:23:26

jgreen

Re: Chord Editing Programs

Hey, TD ...  I think you otta take another look.  I believe all the editing functionality has been restored.  It was a dark time but we got through it.
Off line, I sometimes use Transpan-- it's OK but it's handier to have everything in the Chordie songbook
Cheers!
Jim

**LINK REMOVED**Moderator

#3 2012-06-08 03:18:46

tunedeaf

jgreen wrote:

Hey, TD ...  I think you otta take another look.  I believe all the editing functionality has been restored.  It was a dark time but we got through it.
Off line, I sometimes use Transpan-- it's OK but it's handier to have everything in the Chordie songbook
Cheers!
Jim

**LINK REMOVED**Moderator

Good Lord! (groans)
I've been away for a couple of years...obviously long enough to have gotten sufficiently dim as to not have noticed the "edit" button beside the songs in my Songbook.

Thanks so much for your reply, because without it, I might have gone on missing my favourite Chordie feature! wink

#4 2012-07-29 23:15:29

baynton90

Chord Editing Programs well, chordie forum provide us that editing programs. This forum will update its programming applications. Chord editing program will complete as soon as possible.

#5 2012-09-17 00:53:31

Willie_Wright

Can this song editing program be pulled off onto a personal computer for offline editing?

#6 2012-09-17 00:54:59

Willie_Wright

Whats the difference between a member and a junior member?

#7 2012-09-17 00:58:56

Willie_Wright

One more question (yeah right) Im setting up some songs in a songbook and the cord designation letters are all left justified, how do I get them to stay over the word I move them to? Example below...

D  G  G7
You knew Uncle Pen was ready to go.

Uncle Pen

[D]if you Knew [G]uncle pen was [G7]ready to go

D G G7
Like this? if so click on the "quote" button on the bottom right to see how I did it smile

#8 2012-09-17 06:34:18

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

It is based on how many posts a member makes smile

Willie_Wright wrote:

Whats the difference between a member and a junior member?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

#9 2012-09-17 06:40:57

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

Chordie uses chordpro formating the example above shows you what it looks like and you can find an example of the way to format in the songwriting forum on the dark "stickys" topics at the top of the forum, the programming is setup on Chordie to enable composers to make there original songs look nice I dont know how or if you can use this editing feature outside of Chordie.

Willie_Wright wrote:

Can this song editing program be pulled off onto a personal computer for offline editing?

#10 2012-09-17 16:00:01

bensonp
Honoured Member

I have been using Linkesoft Songbook for years and love it.  It does everything you want.  It uses Chordpro format also and works excellent with Chordie. Using this has never kept me away from Chordie.

Last edited by bensonp (2012-09-17 16:00:49)

You can see all my video covers on http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

#11 2012-09-17 18:02:27

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

Thanks for the information Pete I didn't know there was software for this only because I dont have a songbook or use this feature. smile

bensonp wrote:

I have been using Linkesoft Songbook for years and love it.  It does everything you want.  It uses Chordpro format also and works excellent with Chordie. Using this has never kept me away from Chordie.

#12 2012-09-17 18:22:20

Willie_Wright

Russel, Ben, I appreciate your responses. Gives me something to work on this coming weekend...

#13 2012-09-29 16:46:02

jacoslut

I am trying to edit a song (Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over Sea).  Getting everything to work right except for the title.  I formatted the title and artist just like was told:
{t: Aeroplane Over Sea}
{st: Neutral Milk Hotel}

Thats exactly how it is edited for all other songs; It shows up on the top of song but not in my songbook. In my songbook the name just comes up as ()......Very frustrating, what am I doing wrong?  On the same note, how would I go about creating a new song and pasting the contents in there.  I mean, the song looks fine, but I have to remember which one it is, and having that problem with another one too. 

jake s.
p.s.  This is my first post, and don't know if I will be notified of a response so feel free to email me at jacobslutzky@gmail.com if you have answer.  Thanks.

#14 2012-09-29 17:28:39

bensonp
Honoured Member

Try taking the space out after the colon.

I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

#15 2012-09-29 21:59:26

Roger Guppy
The Laid Back Moderator
Website

jacoslut wrote:

p.s.  This is my first post, and don't know if I will be notified of a response so feel free to email me at jacobslutzky@gmail.com if you have answer.  Thanks.

You are not normally notified of responses but if you click on the 'Subscribe to this topic' at the bottom left of the posts you will then be e-mailed when replies are posted.

Roger

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” -Plato
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. (George Bernard Shaw)
Do, or do not. There is no try. (Yoda)

#16 2013-10-18 13:06:44

Mshipione

Greetings from balmy Saudi Arabia!  I'm relatively new to Chordie and have just begun perusing the forum.  But, with regard to the editing feature, I recall being able to do this for song in the songbook, but it seems this feature has perhaps again been disabled?

#17 2013-10-18 16:49:25

bensonp
Honoured Member

Russell_Harding wrote:

Thanks for the information Pete I didn't know there was software for this only because I dont have a songbook or use this feature. smile

bensonp wrote:

Russell, I have been trying for years to get Linkesoft and Chordie to talk.  Its an excellent addition to Chordie.  It would benefit both for Chordie to advertise Linkesoft on its site.

#18 2013-10-19 19:10:05

jgreen

Mshi,
Don't know what to tell you.  I have the "edit" link beside each song in my personal songbooks.
Only my books though.

Doubt that helps but have fun anyway wink
Jim

Board footer