Topic: John Mayer songs

Hey Guys. I have been practicing acoustic guitar for the last 2 months with a private tutor. And Im doing quite well. Im a big big fan of john mayer,and I know his songs arnt easy to play. So I wanted to know that can I play any of his songs with easy chords. If yes then please post some easy versions of his songs. Any kind of songs will do.
Cheers guys :)

Re: John Mayer songs

Hello John Mayer and welcome to Chordie.

OK, first off, we don't actually "post" songs to chordie.  Chordie is a search engine which goes out to the interwebz and finds songs and lists them by artist or title.  Chordie does not actually host songs.  So having said that, here is a list of "your" songs that are currently accessible from chordie:

http://www.chordie.com/song.php/songart … l?sort=all

You are right:  John Mayer is a very talented guitar player and some of his chord constructs are quite complex, but they don't necessarily have to be.  Here are a couple of tips fo you. 

1.  Don't be afraid of the name of the chord.  The complexity of a chord name does not mean the chord is complex.  For example, a Bm7b5 is easier (for me anyway) to play than a Bm.

2.  You can often get away with "cheating".  For example, instead of playing A/C#, see if A will work in its place.  Instead of E9 or E11 or E13, see if E7 will work instead.

3.  Work on this song by song.  If you have a specific song in mind and need help with it, post that request in the "Song Requests" section of the forum and you are more likley to get a helpful answer.  Then move on to the next one.

Others can weigh in with their comments if they see fit.  Good luck.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Thanks alot sir. It helped alot. smile

Free falling. I know it's a cover, but only has three chords, There are loads of covers of it on Youtube.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.