You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-02 19:06:13

Baldguitardude
El Modarino
Website

SG vs. V or Explorer

I'm having a bit of a hard time digging my SG. Neck seems WAAAAAAY to wide, even for my larger-than-average hands. I do like the tone and I'm wondering if a Flying V or Explorer will get me the same awesome Gibson sound without needing to buckle my hand around a redwood. Any input?

#2 2012-07-02 19:12:03

jerome.oneil
Website

Re: SG vs. V or Explorer

None, other than I was playing an SG last night, and commented that the neck felt really, really short.  I love that Gibson crunch, but I didn't like the neck, either.  I think it's because I play bass a lot, so I prefer big wide necks.

Someday we'll win this thing...

www.aclosesecond.com

#3 2012-07-02 19:54:43

beamer
THE METALIZER

Re: SG vs. V or Explorer

I love my SG and mainly cause of the neck,, ( and the Lynch pick up in the bridge  big_smile,

unless you like to stand a lot, dont get the V.   They are cool Hard rocking guitars, but not real comfy for sitting and playing. ( we have a dean V also)   I have always love the feel of the explorer, just no  funds for it( even the eppie).   I would defiantly go for the explorer.

Last edited by beamer (2012-07-02 19:55:26)

Mal - Well, lady, I must say, you're my kinda stupid.
Mal - Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that
Kaylee - No power in the verse can stop me. BOOK-  you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre.

Board footer