1 (edited by Bass Viking 2012-06-26 15:13:01)

Topic: Cover of a John Anderson recorded song: I'm just an old Chunk of Coal

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11729053

Playing around with this last nite and just recorded it after someone made a comment to me about being a chunk of coal.  Hadn't heard it in a long time, but liked this along time ago.  Hope you enjoy, just me being me; let me know what you think, it won't hurt my feelings!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: Cover of a John Anderson recorded song: I'm just an old Chunk of Coal

bass,good tune you played and sang well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That sounds pretty good to me Big Fella.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

thanks Dino and Bushy for the responses.  I seem to ever more believe I am that chunk of coal and wonder if I ever will become a diamond?  thanks again

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.

Another good sound Jim.  Keep going with those hits

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I think your voice and playing are classic Americana. You should have been in "Brother Where Art Thou."

7 (edited by Bass Viking 2012-07-07 13:18:43)

Hey M.B.  Thanks, I guess that is what I feel like when I do music; especially since I seem to always gravitate to old country, ole timey or even a bluegrass style in my musical likes.  Bottom line is I started this just as a hobby and am enjoying it even though I still feel like everytime I pick up the guitar I am still learning something, especially when I am around anybody who knows what they are doing.