Topic: instruments of the world.

I have a good buddy that can play anything he picks up, we chatted about our collection and mine pales in comparision to his, I have about 11 pieces in my collection, he has about 78 in his, then the question came up, "How many different instruments are there in the world??

curious badeye    cool

one caper after another

Re: instruments of the world.

I'm not sure, but there are 10 or so in my office.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/420522_10150652952502870_952747912_n.jpg

I'd bet he doesn't have one of these...

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I don't know but jeromes got a wierd looking thing above. (not the girl,she is cute).

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm thinking it's impossible to count how many there are in the world. I'm sure there are lots we have never seen or heard about.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

What's it called Jerome?   cool looking.   

badeye    cool

one caper after another

It's called a Stroh Violin.  They're poplular in Eastern Europe and the Balkans, apparently.T

he lady holding it, Annalisia Hornfeld is a local player in Portland that kicks around with 3/5ths of The Decemberists with a group called Black Prairie.  Like the Decemberists, they're really good, and really depressing, so they look for an appropriate amount of weirdness in their instrumentation.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

It's called a Stroh Violin.  They're poplular in Eastern Europe and the Balkans, apparently.T

he lady holding it, Annalisia Hornfeld is a local player in Portland that kicks around with 3/5ths of The Decemberists with a group called Black Prairie.  Like the Decemberists, they're really good, and really depressing, so they look for an appropriate amount of weirdness in their instrumentation.

Thank you for the info, I'm pretty sure my buddy does not have one of these.

Any guesses on how many muscial instrument there are in the world?

I'm thinking over 4000?????

badeye   cool

one caper after another

jerome.oneil wrote:

It's called a Stroh Violin.  They're poplular in Eastern Europe and the Balkans, apparently.

Hmmmmm. I thought it might be a fiddlehorn.

Long in years, short of cash, doing my best.

Had a visit from my friend, with him he had three wind instruments,

a Duduk

a Quena

and a Xiao

and he played a tune on all three,. wonder what he'll take next visit.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Does anyone remember the "Bodina-phone". Jethro invented it on the Beverly Hillbillies. When he went to demonstrate it to Miss Jane. He got an electric shock.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Does anyone remember the "Bodina-phone". Jethro invented it on the Beverly Hillbillies. When he went to demonstrate it to Miss Jane. He got an electric shock.

ah ha ha ha, yes i remember, thats too funny.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Love the Hillbillies!! smile

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Miss Jane always had the best cars. The 62 plymouth convertible in the beginning, right up to the Dodge Challenger convertible in the end. They were all red and always had the top down. The other 2 were Dodge Coronets, 65 and 68 or 69.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.