Topic: Dylan story

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_210630 … source=rss

I'm not a Dylan fan, but very interesting.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dylan story

I am a Dylan fan. It does make you wonder how many of that same guitar are around. Not that people are lying,they were told they have it. Everyone would love to have something like that. Would Fender have any record of the original sale. I have had good luck with their customer service when it comes to authenticity and dating guitars

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Don't know if it is the guitar or not but it is sad that it spent so much time in an attic. The way some people treat guitars is shameful.

bunbun wrote:

Don't know if it is the guitar or not but it is sad that it spent so much time in an attic. The way some people treat guitars is shameful.

That is so true. A friend of mine can`t play a note, yet he has a REAL Les Paul and vintage Fender amp left to him by his father. It sits doing nothing. It should be played. He should take lessons or sell it to someone who will appreciate it. Especially an old amp, nothing is worse for a vintage amp than sitting doing nothing. Filters and caps die from sitting. Then you end up with an awful sounding amp that does nothing but buzzes. (voice of experience)

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

wow, very interesting. Half a million doesn't sound like much for that guitar... beside the point.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
bunbun wrote:

That is so true. A friend of mine can`t play a note, yet he has a REAL Les Paul and vintage Fender amp left to him by his father. It sits doing nothing. It should be played. He should take lessons or sell it to someone who will appreciate it. Especially an old amp, nothing is worse for a vintage amp than sitting doing nothing. Filters and caps die from sitting. Then you end up with an awful sounding amp that does nothing but buzzes. (voice of experience)

I have a friend who has a Strat copy. Don't know who made it and it is not a very good guitar yet I re-strung it for him and did some other set-up so he could play it. He also has a Fender 25w Frontman amp. I re-strung the guitar 8 months ago and he has yet to pick it up. I would love to have that guitar and amp and he just lets it gather dust. I have even told him I would teach him to play...

Very sad that that guitar must just sit.