Topic: Village idiot trying to print

Best music resource site I have ever seen....but I am an old man playing on the computer.  I have made a songbook but I haven't the foggiest idea of how to print it in the same font and size that it appears.

When I try to print it puts it in some smaller text style with the chords interspresed instead of above the words so an old man can see them.

Can someone please help me?

Re: Village idiot trying to print

Hi Videobob,

Welcome to Chordie from one old man to another.

I assume you are using the print instruction from the top of you computer screen which can give this problem. If you look half way down the song you want to print there is a print tab there which will print out what you see on the screen.

I hope that helps,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I have the same problem.  Some songs are formatted using a small font (most text only songs) and when printed is usually too small.  I tried to edit the songs but there doesn't seem to be an option to change font size.  The only alternative I've found is to copy the entire text and put it into a text editor and change the font size that way.

Thaks for the info.  I really did try to read other posts about the printing procedures.  I figured out that the song could be printed out the way you described (Roger) but that option does not seem to be available after you have dragged them into a songbook.  Even when I click on a specific song from the book those print options do not appear.

It seems that I have to re-search the song and print it again.  I was hoping to save that extra searching, but it seems that it might be my best option.

I can play the guitar pretty well, but I can't do (computer) keyboards.

Anyway, tahnks for the help.  To quote my kids, " the site rocks"!

Okay, village idiot strikes again.  When reconecting to the site and my songbook, the print option does seem to be there when I click on a song. 

Gremlins, pilot error......who knows.

I promise to only ask intelligent questions from here on out.

Take a look at the post "Trouble printing" by Boo. Give me that info, and I will fix this very soon.