Topic: I cannot edit songs anymore

I have been working on a easier version of "Drive My Car" by the Beatles.  I click on the bottom link "edit" and the page refreshes but does not show the edit window?  I tried other songs to no avail.  I waited a day to see if Chordie was having some kind of problem with the edit function but I still cannot edit ANY songs at all.

Re: I cannot edit songs anymore

hi rikmarsh welcome to the forum,right now they are working on fixing some glitches in the songbooks so that may explain why you can not.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Rikmarsh and welcome to the forums!

There have recently been a few changes/updates made to the site and with it came some bugs/errors.  I apologize for the frustration.  A lot of updates were made overnight.  If you are still having this issue, please send an email to admin@chordie.com with as much detail as possible.  Thank you for helping in reporting issues so we can get them straightened out for everyone.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Unable to open any artist or lyrics/chords.

Gerald, I just checked and I am able to access artists including chords, even the Beatles (which has been an issue for many people for a while now).  Please first try to clear your cache.  If that doesn't clear the issue, please email admin@chordie.com with details and please be certain to include what internet browser you are using and any error messages you may be getting.  He may not get back to you immediately as he has been working on this all night long, but I promise he will get back to you!  Thank you very much for your help in getting everything straightened out for all!  smile  I'm sorry you're still having problems.

Two major bugs have been fixed recently:
* Songbooks are now editable
* You can get to songs through the artist menu

Please report all other issues to admin@chordie.com

Well, Just after few months. I will launch my now song with my guitar. It will really nice, you will must enjoy to listening this. Some there is little bit problem, I cannot edit songs anymore

Song editing isn't working properly for me either.
The edit page appears correctly, but when I make any changes and click "Update Preview" or "Save", the page re-loads just the way it was before I made any changes.
I've tried clearing my cookies and cache and it hasn't made any difference.

Baynton and Spiritofcat - please email admin@chordie.com as requested.  Admin doesn't come to the forums all that much for bugs/reports etc as he lets us mods handle most things in here.  He has been working feverously to get all the bugs out with the new server update and as stated, he thought the editing had been fixed.  Thanks for your help and patience!  smile

Should be fixed now.

still no ability to switch songbooks

Hi!  A couple of quick questions:  Why can't I access my songbook anymore? and  How do I upload a song that isn't already on here?

jruffinmore, there should be no problem switching songbooks now. If you are still having difficulty please write to: admin@chordie.com giving all details including your operating system and browser.

Waltmanjack, regarding the inability to access your song book, pleass refer to my reply above. As for uploading songs, please read the sticky "Posting of Songs" at the start of this section.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ok.. understood about new song posts..  I still can't access my songbook at all.  sad

It is fixed now,try again

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I still can't.  Tried logging out and back in again.  No joy.

waltman,I went in and tried mine and it is working fine. you may want too report it too the administrator.

Ok.. I think I saw the link.  It just keeps prompting me to log in to access it, but I'm already logged in.

wierd,you have too be logged in to be on the forum,sound like something else is wrong,you should report it too the administrator right away so he can have the new server look at it.

ok.. emailed him..

Aha!  Not sure if it was a server issue but tried refreshing the page after login prompt.. There's my songbook!  Yay!  Thank You.

can't edit songs to correct them, can't add comments to them either... just refreshes the page.

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile