Re: how old is every one?

Hi! I am 25.. Middle Aged Rocker and Still rocking it with my band.. hehe. age doesnt matter with music..

Link to commercial site removed by moderator

227 (edited by tommysurfer 2011-05-21 01:53:43)

T. C. here,
I'm 58 and I practice a lot. I have the time for myself since my boys are 23 and 21.
In the guitar stores in Pasadena and around L. A. the kids burn it up on guitars. I'm a rhythm guy myself. I play various genre's, a cornacopia of styles if you will. All songs taken off Chordie. I just started back in to scales, inspired by the kids who scream and soar.

The hot kids know all their Edward V. rifts etc. It's always been cut time at the guitar stores.
Music and surfing; (my other life long passion,) should bring the old and young together. I introduce myself to the younger kids and even sit out when they come into the custom sound proof room to jam so's I can learn. T.C. Canterbury Sierra Madre ca.

I don't remember if I ever posted to this thread or not, so if I didn't, let me just say I'm old enough to remember when "The Dead Sea" was just sick.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I'm 15, and just starting to learn guitar smile

jeepers !

34 going on 18

bluejeep wrote:

I'm heading into 61 in a few weeks and having more fun than ever. I picked up the guitar again after 35 years of trying to get on with life and thanks to chordie I have been able to play again.  all I can say is, thank you all for the inspiration.

Sounds like the story of my life, except I'm 63.  As long as we're still on the top side of the grass, who cares?

56 going on  21

The King Of Audio Torture

Will be 60 in January - sometimes, in the morning while shaving, I look in the mirror and wonder who that old person (swear word removed by mod) staring back at me is...

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

I am 20

I don`t remember if I posted on this one either. But I`m 51. Also, I love being in my 50s. Playing hard rock and not caring what anyone thinks.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

236 (edited by faing 2012-02-05 20:26:32)

Fifty Two..........and wondering how the hell I managed to survive so long.....................:D

Wonder if anyone has thought of adding them up and working out the average age of a Chordie?

56....going on 20. I have the southern pacific regressive gene which allows you to feel younger as your body decays. Also known as senile delusion

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

I turned 50 a couple of months ago and that co-incided with joining a band that was formed for a local series of charity gigs in Bedfordshire, UK.  I'd done some open mic and played drums when I was much younger but this was my first attempt at playing electric guitar in a band situation at the age of 50. We got through it - had a blast and have more gigs pencilled in. Moral ?  It's never too late.  regards to all.  David

And in the end, your only friend is one who's thinking what you're thinking

14. Been playing 2 years and not getting very far.

The Nightwish devil child. Say hi and be nice. I don't bite . . . maybe?

I am 34 with 30 years of boot camp too get to my age.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I don't have an electric guitar, but I'm 16 and have been playing acoustic for two years. Also, I love soup. I like to make it, and I like to eat it! I've loved soup ever since we enacted the story "Stone Soup" in kindergarten. I thought, "Wow, making food out of rocks--that rocks!"

M.B.two wrote:

I don't have an electric guitar, but I'm 16 and have been playing acoustic for two years. Also, I love soup. I like to make it, and I like to eat it! I've loved soup ever since we enacted the story "Stone Soup" in kindergarten. I thought, "Wow, making food out of rocks--that rocks!"

I remember the book "stone soup" when I was in kindergarten. That was 1965

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Also I`m 52 now. When this topic first came out, I was 50.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

65 years young in 1 months time and just about to get my pension. Perhaps I will buy another guitar but don't tell my wife.

Tel

Just joined chordie to get away from &*(% cluade jo^^^son, just got my first guitar - electric fender strat - and it loks like *I'm the oldest at 61* and surely the rank beginner. But I had 5 yrs on piano when a lad and still tickle the ivories.... and the uh, other ones too.

Hello all,
            when I first replied to this thread on 19/8/2009, I was 59, turning 60 in a couple of weeks.
Now I am 62 and turning 63 in a couple of weeks. How time gets away on a fellow. Does that now make me a senior, senior member?
Still singing, strumming and loving every minute of the trip.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Old enough to know better - but young enough to do it anyway! turned 62 in june.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I am 61 and back doing what i love, playing the guitar. i play as a hobby and dont play in a band. maybe one day. i am trying to learn theory and trying my best to understand why notes and chords work together. i have a Fender Strat and a Sigma Martin acoustic. Living the dream at 61 (physically);)

I thought I would jump in again.  I am 61.  Really enjoying my guitar and actually learning after all these years.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.