Re: Wish me luck

Sorry to hear about all the stress.  Soooo glad to hear you've gotten a good solid answer and a soft landing plan.  I'm still being pushed and shoved in my position to do things that I simply feel are not possible.  I've been talking with HR for over a week now, and am starting to look elsewhere as I'm not so sure the stress is worth it.  Chin up, everything happens for a reason!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Zurf,
I am sorry to hear about the stress and turmoil you and your family are facing but good things will happen to good people so I am sure you will be fine. In fact, it sounds like you may already have a good situation to contemplate.

I was fired from my job in 2002 in response to the downturn in the market after 9/11. At the time I was terrified. I had a young family and a mortgage and it was damn hard to find a job in that economy. I really had a good helmet-shaking during this time.

However, it turned out to the one of the BEST THINGS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME! What I did not know at the time is that my firing set the course for me to ultimately get to my current job - the best job I've ever had and I think one of the best jobs in the world! Of course, it took several years for the "plan" to be revealed to me and several more for me to put myself in a position to help make it happen. But I've never been happier and I look back on those "dark" dark days for 2002 with a pleasant thankfulness.

One of my theories: Good will always prevail.
My accompanying corollary: Not necessarily on YOUR time schedule.

Keep you head up and stay focused on continuing to be the man you are. Things will work out. And all of your friends here at Chordie are hear for you.
dj

naolslager wrote:

I was fired from my job in 2002 in response to the downturn in the market after 9/11. At the time I was terrified. I had a young family and a mortgage and it was damn hard to find a job in that economy. I really had a good helmet-shaking during this time.

However, it turned out to the one of the BEST THINGS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME! What I did not know at the time is that my firing set the course for me to ultimately get to my current job - the best job I've ever had and I think one of the best jobs in the world! Of course, it took several years for the "plan" to be revealed to me and several more for me to put myself in a position to help make it happen.

That's how God works it seems.  There are so many stories like this, all with the same punch line, which is basically, "Once I humbled myself and then put myself to work trying to serve my family instead of my ego, blessings began to flow like water over a dam."

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf, glad to hear that things worked out on a positive note.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

DJ, in your theory you have one too many O's in the first word. wink

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Worrying times, Mr Z, but I really hope your new direction works out for you...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Zurf,
Any changes to your situation?
dj

The paperwork's still not through on the new job, but I'm transitioning in as I simultaneously clean up the resources from the previous one.  My paycheck showed up in my account on the 7th the way it was supposed to, so I'm happy about that.  The new job is going to be a challenge, which is a good thing. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf looks like things are going good and you are somewhat happy with the way things are going.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Absolutely, challenge is good, Zurf.  Sounds like it may work out.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Whoaa. I've been out of the Chordie loop for a while and just saw this while catching up. Glad it all worked out, Zurf. All the best.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??