Topic: Acoustic guitar effects

I play a lot of solo gigs with acoustic guitar. I use mostly reverb and some times chorus. Does anyone else use effects ? What do you use and why ?

Re: Acoustic guitar effects

Dont paly live for ppl but Im the guy who will try everything i have with the guitar.  flange sounds cool and so does phase.  chorus and delay work good together also.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I also play solo gigs with acoustic guitar. Like you I sometimes use chorus and sometimes a little delay. I quite like something a bit different to the raw sound of no effects. However some clubs that I play have their own sound man and effects are frowned upon so you have to accept whatever the sound man gives you.
When I play without any effect I always use a EQ pedal so I can control the bright sound that I like to get from my guitar. When it's possible I also like small reverb on the mic.

Tel

Thanks guys.

Joe

EQ- the more bands the better, accomodates what you're working with (via P.A.)
Reverb- adds depth and slight echo, easy on this though, too much negates the EQ
Phase-adds tonal seperation and spacy grooviness
Compression- keeps the highs from cutting too high and lows from booming too low

Give everything but up.

6 (edited by davidwitts 2012-09-24 15:32:31)

Hi, i have a great intensiveness about guitar. So I have enjoyed to read this. keep posting... smile

teenage drug abuse

davidwitts wrote:

Hi, i have a great intensiveness about guitar. So I have enjoyed to read this. keep posting... smile

Welcome to the loony bin.  join in on the topic.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I’m very little in to looking at, however by some means I got you just read several articles within your web page. It’s amazing precisely how exciting it is will be able to go to an individual often.