Topic: Suggestion - save tuning/transposition in songbook

When I save a song to my songbook, it'd be fabulous if it retained the same instrument/tuning/transposition as I had set in the browser when I saved it.

It's a bit tedious to always switch from the standard guitar chords.  As a possibly easier way to accomplish something similar, if I'm opening a song from my songbook, could Chordie use the chords for the instrument I've set on my songbook by default?

If there's already a way to do this that I'm overlooking, please let me know.

Thanks for providing a great site!

Re: Suggestion - save tuning/transposition in songbook

Furthermore, if I select chord variations, those should persist in my songbook as well.

On a related note, if I have chord variations selected, it would be great if they were displayed when I print out the songsheet.  Now, it reverts back to the default chord diagrams in the print.

Thanks.

If you go into 'Resources' at the bottom of the list is 'Change settings (instrument/tuning)'. Click on here and you can chose your instrument so that the correct chords are shown.

Also chord change can now be saved.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you for noting the default instrument link in Resources.  That's helpful, but it would still be good to use the instrument of the songbook from which the chart has been opened, for those who have different songbooks for different instruments.  Otherwise, what's the point of having the instrument field on the songbook?

I still can't find a way to save alternate chord fingering choices in the songbook.  It always changes back to the default fingering chart.  Can you clarify what you mean by 'chord change can now be saved'?

I have reported the fact that the alternative instrument cannot be saved to Per and he will look into it as soon as possible.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Spamhead,

I also found that selecting the alternate chord didn't save but if you get comfortable with editing, you can make it work there - and save it.

The "Show Help" dropdown has a bit of info...
Example: C# to be played like an A on 4th fret:
{define: C# 4 1 3 3 3 1 1}

It's not too complicated just be sure you type it right...  those spaces are essential too.
Good luck!

Jim