Topic: Any Skype this weekend? (21-23 Sep)

Just wondering.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Re: Any Skype this weekend? (21-23 Sep)

Haven't heard anything.  I'm almost always up for a 1:1 session, but I haven't got the Premium membership yet. 

Saturday evening would be best for me if anyone cares, if I'm not at the nearby lake doing a little fishing.  Friday and Sunday have family plans. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Idd like to, but Ill be at foot ball with the kids from 9am to at least 6 pm WHEW LONG DAY, 2 games 12 and 4 and kids there an hour early each. its also a away game, Im taking a blanket and a tarp for shade so Maybe I can get a nao inbetween.  Second kid has to be there with us first also,,, So he wont be very happy about that.  Pic nick time for sure!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Ill join you saturday if anyone is up to it.  I don't have the premium either.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

What time Sat night?  I may be able to get in a little bit of playing,, or May just sit in for the company and a few beers.  Who can host or maybe share the code so Z can control the goings on?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

I can host - but I will be distracted as my Wolfpack will be playing starting at 6 on ESPN3 (the computer). I have 2 screens so I should be able to watch and monitor the Skype call at the same time time (using mute on Skype). We are playing a FCS team, so hopefully we will be blowing them out by half time and not needing my full attention (although I'm not at all confident in that prediction)

Say 6:00 eastern  tomorrow? I'm willing to go earlier if any "across the pond" chordians want to join in.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

Say 6:00 eastern [Saturday]?

I'm in.  I'll check back periodically to see if the time changes.  I'm free pretty much all day, so no biggie if it does.

Thanks for hosting, Jeff.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

8 (edited by beamer 2012-09-22 07:53:48)

depending on how long you guys are online i will try to get there  for some playing.  game starts at 4 our time,, so I may get back by7,, maybe you guys will still be at it.

I have a Rock Choir gig tonight but, with the time difference, I should be back in time to join you guys.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Having a situation with a child who needs an attitude adjustment this weekend, and I'm just the grouchy old son-of-a-sea-cook to give it to her.  I'm not sure how the day's going to play out, but if I can be on I will be on. 

It's already started.  She was told to bring her laundry hamper down to the laundry room yesterday.  She didn't.  Her clothes from last week still aren't in her drawers, and some of her dirty laundry is on the floor instead of in the hamper.  So laundry is sorted and going through the machines without hers among it.  She will have to do her own this week, or wear stinking clothes to school and suffer the teasing. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Howdy all.
I went out today and bought a webcam cause I was hoping I could join in the skype session today. I have joined skype but I ain't got a clue on the next step. Any help would be awesome.

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Look me up on skype  if you want to join in- skype username is topdown67

I will be hosting, but not participating (at least initially)

13 (edited by bensonp 2012-09-22 23:25:52)

Since my audio was bad at my end anyway, I decided to p[ost the song I did here, so you can hear howit is supposed to sound.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QpdL9_Jt8u0?list=UU930C_1VvnvLdnamX1XBmrA&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If that don't work try this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpdL9_Jt … ature=plcp

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Pete my computer was acting up,but I saw about 3/4 of the video,you did an excellent job on Mind your on business.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It was fun guys.  Sorry I had to drop out early.  The real reason is that I don't know any fun songs.  Only horribly depressing songs.

It was another Awesome good time tonight. Thanks to all who participated, especially to Ken (who was a first timer) that despite his bashfulness, rocked the house!! Chordians who haven't joined in yet - you don't know what your missing!!

I had a great time skyping with everyone tonight and wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all smile for making me feel welcome. Scary as it was, it was a real pleasure to meet, chat, listen and play for you.
Here is the link to a youtube channel that has some awesome tutorials for some great songs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/acoustisongs/videos?view=0

I had a blast and I'm looking forwards to the next session.
Thanks again and Special Thanks Topdown for hosting. smile

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Didn't get home till 730 your time and had to change oil,, hope to catch next time.

work work work... always keeping me from the fun fun fun.  Sooooooon it will all end.  Well, not work... but working for that company that requires me to never have fun.  LOL

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I had fun also.  Ken and Marty, you did great.  Zurf, next time you can play all depressing songs for us.  Thanks guys and it was nice finlly meeting some of you others.

It was a LOT of fun.  Jeff (topdown), Ken (KAP54) and I ended up staying on for almost five hours.  I felt like less than a rank amateur as compared to Ken's elegant fingerstyle and Jeff's absolute command of his instrument, but by the 6th beer it didn't matter.  smile

And to second what others have said, join in next time.  There are much worse ways to spend an evening.

One thing I would like to see is some of our veteran players put on some clinics.  I think I could learn a lot of good techniques from many of you if you wouldn't mind teaching.  I particularly would like to see how Zurf does his fill-ins.

Anyway, again, I enjoyed meeting and playing with all of you, and thanks to Jeff for hosting.

Sorry I had to bail so early too.  I'm glad I got on for a bit though; its was great to meet a couple more chordians and hear some fine music. 
Good idea Astro (sorry, 2 second retention on names - and everything else too) I'd love to see what Ken's doing and get familiar with some fills and riffs -- any bit of technique will help.

Thanks again!
Jim

My head has finally cleared from too many wobbly pops last night...but it was well worth it. Almost 5 hrs of good times went by way too fast sad but that's OK cause I know there will be a next time. smile Between Topdown, bensonp, Zurfs, Astronomikals, and jgreen (sorry I can't remember first names and hope I didn't forget anyone) I heard some awfully good renditions of songs I haven't heard in years and some I've never heard but will certainly look into for future songs to play.
I think having a session to share techniques would be a good idea. Let me know when and I'm in, just don't know what I have to offer but I'll try.
Thanks for all the kind words on my writing style. Without getting into crappy details I wanted to let you know how huge it is for my well being to hear a positive for a change. Makes me want to start writing. smile

Russell.......................I know your reading this so I hope you and others will join in on a future Skype.

Cheers all smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Sorry I missed it. I looked at 00:30 GMT but no one was around so I guess you guys got together a bit later. Still there is always the next time smile.

Great to see you were there Ken, hope to catch you soon.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I should have checked in ! you guys would have still been on.  if not just to say hello for a few min sad