Topic: Disaster hits my Taylor 314

I was playing a local Apple Fest today. We were outside and it was fairly windy. The wind blue my Taylor 314 down off the stand onto the concret. When I looked it over I noticed the heel of the neck was cracked straight through. Man , I am  heartbroken. This guitar was one of those great sounding special guitars. Shortly after , it happened to my Taylor T5 also but it came through OK. Not a good day for me today. I'll be contacting Taylor this week to see what I can do for my good buddy.

Joe

Re: Disaster hits my Taylor 314

Ouch -I'm hurting with ya Tyson

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Total Bummer...

badeye

one caper after another

Ever nitice how many Les Pauls have headstock repairs. If a broken headstock can be fixed. I am sure your Taylor can. If it can, the battle scars can remind you to be more careful

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

That really stinks!  I hope Taylor can help you out with a repair.  Scars can heal, hopefully the life can be brought back too!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Best of luck to you Tyson.  That hurts.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thats got too be painfull,hope it can be repaired.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This forum has lots of info on repair and refinishing.

http://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewforum.php?f=1

Good luck!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

It's astounding what a competent luthier can do in terms of repairs.  Good luck.  That's a terrific instrument.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Update on my Taylor 314. I went to the Taylor Road Show last night in a nearby town. I showed
my guitar to the Taylor tech. He was very sympathetic for me. But he said he thought it would need a neck replacement. He took some photo's and sent them to a repair tech at Taylor. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I did some pricing by a local Taylor authorizied repair shop and a neck replacement is a little pricey. Maybe Taylor will have some good news for me.

Joe

I feel replacement is always better than repair, but at what price? Keep your fingers crossed.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

How much is a new neck compared to replacing the guitar?. Can you find a used one for cheaper? The quote was from Taylor. Did you take it to a quality luthier? It`s amazing what can be fixed when it looks like a total loss.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.