Topic: Customize your guitar on a daily basis.

OK guys because I'm a very visual guy I was getting bored with the way my guitar looked. Soooo,  I went to staples or office depot I forget and picked up some  acid free  "clear sticker project paper"  my brand is Avery but I'm sure there are others.

Now go to any site get pics, save em, print em,  on this sticky paper cut them out stick them on and enjoy a new look.

It didn't't harm my finish when I removed it.  If it leaves any residue peel it off and wax your guitar.

I"ve put on butterflys skuls, humingbirds, lighening bolts flowers whatever you want.

NOTE: MAKE SURE IT IT CLEAR STICKY PAPER.  Don't let it get wet or rub against it.  The ink may come off.  I' post a pic but I don't know how to do that.

Re: Customize your guitar on a daily basis.

I'm assuming you're doing this on an electric?  I would think that sticking pictures on an acoustic would have to have some affect on the sound.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

I'm assuming you're doing this on an electric?  I would think that sticking pictures on an acoustic would have to have some affect on the sound.

DE

I am pretty sure they would effect an accoustic also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

do these lightning bolts and other do dads make you play better? lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

do these lightning bolts and other do dads make you play better? lol

It did on my first electric bass.  There was a lightning bolt and the name "Whizbang!" on the back of the bass.  It helped me play lots better until the bass fell apart.  Hey.  It only cost me $35. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

dino48 wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

DE

I am pretty sure they would effect an accoustic also.

What ever it takes to keep one motivated!  Have been wanting to do this myself but on a explorer body.  Just looking for a garage sale find to do it to.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

7 (edited by sat20387 2012-09-25 01:03:44)

I haven't noticed any difference.  Keep in mind this plastic is very thin.  Sometimes the art is small and off to the edges.  right now I have an 8"  cobalt blue butterfly on it.  Also it peels off in seconds and  I don't keep them on long so there is no chance of it leaving a Permanent mark.

It's a $200 fender acoustic I bought new. I take care of my stuff  so the guitar still looks new.   It's my first guitar that's almost 3 years old.  I did put a smaller brown/yellow one on my epiphone les paul.

Rest assured if I could ever afford a Martin or somthing similar I wouldn't be sticking anything on it

Stickers on the pickguard won't harm anything on an accoustic...

Just sayin'

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"