Topic: Alvarez AP70

I currently own two 000 12-fret slot-head acoustics (a rosewood Martin 000-srgt for pure acoustic situations and a mahogany Recording King ROS-16 with a Fishman pickup installed for venues requiring amplification).  Lately I've been looking on line at the Alvarez AP70 as none of the local stores have one in stock.  A parlor size spruce/rosewood 12-fret slot-head sounds just like the ticket for taking along on my river trips, and the price point sounds like an incredible value for a rosewood/spruce guitar.  However I can't find the dimensions for this guitar to see if it will easily fit in a dry bag and not take up too much room in my raft.  I've played a few other "parlor" guitars and the dimensions have varied.  I've found one review on you-tube by Acoustic Guitar magazine and the guitar sounded great (nice low-end for a small guitar), but other than nut width and materials, no dimensions were given.  It appears to be about the size of a Martin 00.

Have any of you Chordians played one of these little guys and provide me with some input as to size?

Thanks,

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Alvarez AP70

hi ed,maybe you could go to there website and see if you can get some help from them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

hi ed,maybe you could go to there website and see if you can get some help from them.

I emailed them and got the info I needed  today.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:
dino48 wrote:

I emailed them and got the info I needed  today.

DE

Cool, they have always seemed like a class act.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by Ovi33123 2013-04-07 18:07:54)

I've been looking on line at the Alvarez AP70 as none of the local stores have one in stock.

digital light meter