Topic: Gibson Hummingbird 12 string

Well, I was in a local guitar shop with my friend who recently gave me a Martin D-35. He got a call from the store owner about a Gibson Hummingbird 12-string LTD, and it is a very limited edition. 75 have been made, and they are ceasing production. He bought himself the only one in the store, and then tried to find another for me. Long story short, he ending up speaking to a luthier in Bozeman, MT, who is actually going to make one more for me. Number 76.

I will receive it around December 8, this year. I am totally blown away. I have wanted a Hummingbird for years, and I love 12 strings. I played it in the store; the action is what I would describe as slicker than snot on a doorknob and the sound and ring are unbelievable. The guitar will come with the Fishman Infinity pickup system already installed.

When I receive this one, I will sell off ALL of my other guitars, except for the Martin.

I will then be in my own guitar heaven, and will have no other desire for another guitar.

Holy crap, I can't believe it. Steve has been a friend of mine since high school, made some wise investments during the 80's and 90's and is now, pretty much, set for life. His wife has passed away over 20 years ago, and he spends a lot of time with me and my wife, playing guitar, singing and just hanging out.

To put it in perspective, I am not a follower of stocks, but I did lend Steve a good part of his starting capital back in the 80's and he is obviously grateful for the early leg up.

When he ordered the Gibson, he said that the look on my face as I played that Hummingbird conviced him that I had to have one too. Damn, I almost cried.

Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Re: Gibson Hummingbird 12 string

A friend once told me , "You can never have too many friends" , I am sure Steve is as happy as you are.

Later, Wayne P

That is great.  Good for you.  You are indeed in guitar heaven.  Have fun.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Good news,great guitar great friend,life is good to you,we are glad

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Compounded interest on good kharma.  Very cool. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

When you get around too selling of your guitars I hope you will post them here so we can see them and get a shot at buying them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wow! Congrats!  The only giftsl I ever get from my friends are colds, flu and an occasional beer....................

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Occasional?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Occasional?

Well, if ya  look at it as a percentage of total intake ....................

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

AWESOME!  Let us know when the happy new guitar day gets here, and be sure to post some pictures of your two babies together!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

sweet!  that is great news.  I am in line for a Gibson Dove. it may take 20 more yrs,, but it will pass to me.  hope I can still play at that point!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Great story of karma at work. Thanks for sharing and enjoy that new 12-string guitar.
dj

WW55, cherish your friend as there are very few that are built that way.

I could sure use a good friend right now.

Nela