Topic: Freefall mach 1

I watced this out of curiosity its an animation of a freefalling speed record attempt that will take place my only concern is how he plans to slow down from 690 mph to open his chute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … CqnQq86fkY

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Freefall mach 1

He might plan to use one of those batwing suits where he can slowly change his angle of descent once he hits thicker atmosphere and slows to terminal velocity from the friction. 

It takes a special kind of crazy to dream up that plan.  Good luck to him.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ive seen those chutes really cool the way they can control there flight I just thought the video was great stuff it sure takes a lot of hairy congas to pull this off if he makes it.

That is the most amazing video I have seen Russell.  Scary.  Now if he could play guitar while falling.......

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I think the video was great russ,I really do not know what too feel about the guy he will either be some kind of hero or a splat somewhere,got too wish him luck.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Very Cool vid Russ,
I've been following this guy since last year with amazement. He keeps getting higher and higher with his final jump coming up. He's already jumped from 103, 000 ft  but it's not high to achieve the speed of sound or break the record set by Kissinger. His main concern is when he breaks the barrier....one itty bitty tiny weeny little hole in his pressure suit and he will end up looking like bad lasagna. The thick air slows him down to a natural speed for his chute to hopefully work properly unless there is a hole, then the point is mute.

I'm pulling for him, it's pretty cool and very gutsy

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Looking around a bit, I found a video showing that this guy did a test drop from 96,000 feet.  That's a really, really long way to fall.  The space suit had better have a bidet built into it.

edit to fix grammar

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

That is insane!  And cool!

I don't think he'll be doing 600+ when he pulls the rip cord, though.   He will most likely hit those speeds way up high in the atmosphere, and slow down as the air around him thickens.  I think terminal velocity of a skydiver at sea level is something like 120MPH.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

That is super crazy!!!! I couldn't do it. More power to him.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

jerome.oneil wrote:

That is insane!  And cool!

I don't think he'll be doing 600+ when he pulls the rip cord, though.   He will most likely hit those speeds way up high in the atmosphere, and slow down as the air around him thickens.  I think terminal velocity of a skydiver at sea level is something like 120MPH.

I am confident that the ONLY way I will ever be a skydiver is at sea level.  I did it just last weekend when I jumped off my friend's sailboat at a swimming beach.  That's as high as I feel comfortable jumping out of something that is operating properly.

The attempt was posponed because of high winds dont know when its going to be attempted again smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

The attempt was posponed because of high winds dont know when its going to be attempted again smile

I hope he will do it and come out safe,keep us posted russ.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman