Re: Home Studio Recording

I think you would need two pc's with one connected to skype or Google chat but if you make the tutorials you could upload them to a free file storage and post the link like I did with Audacity Im sure a few members would be interested including me smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

If we can figure out a way to share computer screens, I'd be happy to do virtual Reaper tutorials.   I just bought the full version of Reason 6 for MIDI stuff, and it's killing me!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

I think you would need two pc's with one connected to skype or Google chat but if you make the tutorials you could upload them to a free file storage and post the link like I did with Audacity Im sure a few members would be interested including me smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

If we can figure out a way to share computer screens, I'd be happy to do virtual Reaper tutorials.   I just bought the full version of Reason 6 for MIDI stuff, and it's killing me!

I was thinking something along the lines of WebEx or some other remote desktop sharing tool.  The trick with Reaper is understanding how routing works.   If you can get your head around that, the rest of the tool is pretty basic.  The problem with that is that Routing is specific to whatever your Audio interface is.    While the steps are all pretty much the same, the specifics are going to be different for each interface.   Reaper will present some things differently for my TASCAM than they will  for Pete's Asus, for example.

I might try something with Skype, though, just to see how it works.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Ahah!

Webex has a free service that allows audio, video, and desktop sharing for up to three participants.  I've signed up for it and I'll see if I can put together a tutorial.

IM IN!  hopefully with my sked I can make it all work out.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Jerome,

You could also just video your lessons  like Russ said and drop box is free up to 2 gigs.  eve if your doing the live tutorials, it would be cool to have it on camera so we would have a video reference.. Cause I can tell ya ill be a day later going "NOw what did he say and where do I do it from?"

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

I played with the WebEx thing last night and it seems to work well.  I'm not sure how the audio will come through but it's worth a shot.  It provides screen sharing for everyone (so you can pop your Reaper instance up on everyone's screen) allows me to record the sessions for posterity, and also provides video conferencing.   

There is a plugin that your browser will need, but that's no great shakes.  Webex is owned by Cisco, so it's not some fly by night operation.

Anyway, I will try to set something up for Thursday or Friday night PST.  I have my kids this weekend so it will have to be sometime after they go to bed (my son, at least).   Russ and Pete, in, and there's room for one more on the maiden voyage.

Jerome I will be working ,as all weeknights, so please record your session and let me know how to see it.  maybe it will e-mail, or we can set up a drop box cloud for it? thanks for all your effort and willingness to share.