Topic: Wicked weather expected this weekend

I find it strange to be having wicked weather when we don't have a Skype jam scheduled.  Seems like every time we get together, there's a thunderstorm for the ages raging outside.  Now we're expecting a tropical storm to come in from the Southeast and a Canadian cold front coming down from the Northwest, which could lead to a tropical blizzard.  Weird. 

My guess is that it will be awful blowy and wet, but that we'll be fine.  If not, we'll pile into the 4x4 and drag the camper across the mountains to West (by God!) Virginia. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Wicked weather expected this weekend

Looks like you are in for a nasty storm,hope it fizzels out before it reaches your area.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It's all in the track.  The barrier islands make all the difference.  If it stays to the outside of the barrier islands, it will likely roll on up the coast and just give us a good flush.  If it gets inside them, then there's a good chance it will come up the Chesapeake Bay and make things right unpleasant for us.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I'll be riding it out on a 6'6'' quad fish smile I'm waxed up and ready/waiting for the morning when the 17ft swells start rolling in big_smile  Stoked!!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I'm hoping to hit the river tomorrow morning for some pre-frontal fishing.  I'll probably wade so that I can get the heck out of there a lot quicker than a boat would permit.  I always wear a life jacket when I wade, but tomorrow morning I'll be especially careful.

- Zurf

Zurf wrote:

I'm hoping to hit the river tomorrow morning for some pre-frontal fishing.  I'll probably wade so that I can get the heck out of there a lot quicker than a boat would permit.  I always wear a life jacket when I wade, but tomorrow morning I'll be especially careful.

- Zurf

add a long rope so you can pull against the current or at least get pulled to the shore.  We dont wanna hear how you got washed out to sea.   an if weather passes,, maybe do some skype sat night or sunday?  I have not picked up a guitar in a while.  Im not counting the 2 hours of banging out power chords with my headphones on at 2 am. lolo,lolol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Guitarpix wrote:

I'll be riding it out on a 6'6'' quad fish smile I'm waxed up and ready/waiting for the morning when the 17ft swells start rolling in big_smile  Stoked!!

Be carefull! I have seen too many surfers get the lost in surf during storms.  we dont want you to end up like Patrick Swaze at the end of Point Break wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLS5t0NdtRI

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

add a long rope so you can pull against the current or at least get pulled to the shore.  We dont wanna hear how you got washed out to sea.

This is between me and the sea.  I don't think I'd make it even with a rope.  Bear in mind this was taken from a distance and that one fall in the foreground is over 20' (>3.5 meters) high.  The river is several hundred yards wide. 

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Other/Great-Falls-June-2009/i-7vCFCN4/0/M/DSC0215edited-1-M.jpg

But this is more like the area I wade and paddle my canoe.   

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Friends/Outdoors/i-dtZkSKg/0/M/IMGP0166edited-1-M.jpg

Can you believe that there's a spot like this right in the midst of Washington, DC suburbs?

Looks like I'll have to buy some extra generator fuel and bring in some firewood. Its predicted that our area could get some high winds, rain and possibly snow. When we lose power it sometimes takes a few days for them to reach us. The more populated areas take precedence over those of us out on the mountain so we try to always be prepared. Zurf, I've always liked calm water paddleing - used to fish the susquehanna river when we lived in Pa.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Tropical blizzard? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Batten down your hatches and stay safe everyone!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

They make it sound like the end of the world up here. It`s going to be rainy and windy. At my job, they are using it to increase numbers. I`m sure a hurricane up here is a wet day down there. The same way a major snowstorm down there is a minor inconvenience up here. I will use the day to clean up my music room

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

The weather stations are predicting an inch of rain per hour for 24-36 hours. That will be the tough bit. Almost better if it does snow. At least snow can be pushed aside. That much rain washes away bridges, highways, houses and anything else it encounters. Pray for snow.
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

An inch of rain = 10" of snow.  I don't think I want 240" of snow.