Topic: Remove formatting

Hi All
Although I have a couple of songbooks on Chordie I do like to copy and paste some songs using Word into a file on my laptop. I am having trouble editing them there and trying to remove the formatting. Anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?
Thanks.

Re: Remove formatting

Hi Chris,

A song that appears:

Mary's Lamb by D.O.M.

[G]Mary had a [G]little lamb,

She [C]also [D]had a [G]bear,

I've [C]often [D]seen her [G]little [Em]lamb,

But [C]never [D]seen her [G]bare.

....without formatting would appear like this:

{t:Mary's Lamb}
{st: by D.O.M.}
[G]Mary had a [G]little lamb,
She [C]also [D]had a [G]bear,
I've [C]often [D]seen her [G]little [Em]lamb,
But [C]never [D]seen her [G]bare.

Is this really what you want? If so just press the chopro button next to the print button.

If you are wanting something different please write again.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

The formatting does make things interesting.  You might have better luck by going to the edit feature and there, copy and paste from the input screen.  The chords will be in-line though.  A chord editing program can help with that.
Jim

Hi Roger

Thanks for reply. Never used chopro but its better. I was trying to get copied song to appear as it does on wesite.

Regards

Chris

Thanks Jim, seems to be sorted now

Chopro is fine for copying, but when I try and transpose to a different key in chopro, then try and copy song, it reverts to original key.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

Are you saving the reformatted song in your sonbook before you print?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

No, it works fine in my songbook. What I like to do is copy and paste songs using Word into a separate file on my laptop dont usually print them

hi chris,

i find "open office (which is free)" better than "word" for copying to my pc, i haven't tried it on a laptop. what i do is; get the right key etc, right click and hold as i shade in the whole song, open up open office into "text doc" click paste then i can edit to my hearts content. this is on windows 7, it may be different for other O S.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.