1 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-06-19 00:39:50)

Topic: New Song - what do you think ?

(Country Music can fix)  A Hurtin’ HeartJim Kenyon

[G]    There’s times when you’re lonely , and sometimes when you’re scared           

there arethose times thatyoufeeljustlike [D] nobody cares

There arethose [G]times when you know that youhave to say goodbye

there’s all those [D] times you feellike giving up, [C] you don’t evenwant to [G]try

(Chorus)

[D] Those are the lonely moments it’s [G] when you arefeeling down

It’s [C] when you feel like crying and there [G]ain’tnofriend around

[G] You need a little tender care and you [C] don’t know where to start

Wellthat’s [D] why we’ve got country music , [C] it can fix a hurtin’[G] heart

[G] There’s those times that you don’t think you’ll make it through the night

Then there’s those times when you need to turn the [D] darkness into light

And for all those [G] timesthat someone you loved,crushed your foolish pride

And forthose[D]times your heart was breaking and [C] you felt just like you [G] died

(Chorus)

[G] Whenyou’ve hurt someone you loved , and you feel just like a jerk

the times when you hate your job ,and can’t take a[D]nother day of work   

And for those [G]hardtimes when you lost your faith in the man above

those[D] times when your world came crashing down [C] and could use a little [G]love

(Chorus)

Well[D] that’s why we play this country music , [C] it can fix a hurtin’[G] heart (2x)

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: New Song - what do you think ?

Flows well and touches on the feelings.  Looks good to me.  Now if I just knew how it sounds.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Looks good,like too hear it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I love lyrics, but it always seems to round it out when you can actually hear it as you meant it when you wrote it.  Looks good at this stage, play it for us sometime.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

hi tigljk lokks and feels good,can't make out what the squiggly bits are in the lyric lines but good story line anyway....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey Dude I like ya Lyrics Bigtime, Iv'e Been listening to Country stuff out hear in S.D. On 99.5 they play the other side of the record. So ya hear all this cool stuff that should been on the #1 playlist, Anyway thanks. Ya see I just lost my Nephew and my 28 yr. old son all in the sam Month. Im actually writing a song about the hurt ya Feel in your chest that just won't stop. About the love you have you can't turn off likr a switch. The true sick to your stomach and drikn' ain't gonna make it go away kind'a shit. Anyway feel ya pain Dude. ......Dicky

Thanks for the kudo    I am truly sorry for your losses - no one can imagine the devastation of emotionsin situations like yours  unless they experience it  - I would like to know when you get your song done because i love songs that come from the heart - and I know yours will be.   We have a lot of people here in NY going through tough times too after Hurricane Sandy  .   Best wishes and prayers to you and your family .  I will send a copy of the mp3 of the song to your email - I hope thats ok.  Take care  JK

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I can't send mp3 cuz it wont let me attach it   sorry

Hey TIGLJK,

I fixed the format a little so it will be a little easier to read.

Nice song.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

How true it is about country music, lots of feeling in this piece.
I would like to hear it also, maybe post it on Youtube?

Well Done smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

dicky fisher wrote:

Hey Dude I like ya Lyrics Bigtime, Iv'e Been listening to Country stuff out hear in S.D. On 99.5 they play the other side of the record. So ya hear all this cool stuff that should been on the #1 playlist, Anyway thanks. Ya see I just lost my Nephew and my 28 yr. old son all in the sam Month. Im actually writing a song about the hurt ya Feel in your chest that just won't stop. About the love you have you can't turn off likr a switch. The true sick to your stomach and drikn' ain't gonna make it go away kind'a shit. Anyway feel ya pain Dude. ......Dicky

(Ain't no sick like heartsick) good hook