Topic: snce years I have this question

WHAT is considered to be the best ELECTRIC GUITAR, sound, playability, and also acoustic.
I know this is subjective but what is the guitar of your dreams if you should have money $$$$$$$

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: snce years I have this question

Oooh we had this a littlewhile ago. For me it'd be an original 1952 Telecaster as my electric as that's where it all really started.

http://www.abalonevintage.com/guitar_fe … photos.htm

For my acoustic I'll take a Lowden F35C Co in red Cocobolo and Redwood as my acoustic. Just a wonderful tone and beautiful in its simplicity with an eyewatering price!

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_ … t-overview

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

3 (edited by dino48 2012-11-10 22:07:51)

I think the j.p.reed is considered the best for electric. For acoustic I think its a toss-up on Martin,Taylor and Gibson and Gu ild guitars. I think it is matter of of which one you like. I know some of the others will add other names too this list. The Guitar of my dreams is a Martin D28.,and I have a seperate savings acct. for it now. I am a ways from it,but I will get there some day,contrubutions and political bribes will be accepted!!!. I would really like too have willy nelsons Martin but I think his family will get it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Gibson hollowbody archtop.  Or a Guild hollowbody archtop.  There's a theme. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

An original Gretsch White Falcon and a national wood body resonator

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

6 (edited by gitaardocphil 2012-11-12 16:26:59)

joey..... what' the price? Is it the original ne or the reissue? Never played on a GRETCH, but isn't THE PENGUIN their most famous and expensive guitar?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Intesting you should ask,because I just got a Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin, and if I had known how good ajazz archtop was as an acoustic guitar as well as electric, i would have made it my firstborn.

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

gitaardocphil wrote:

joey..... what' the price? Is it the original ne or the reissue? Never played on a GRETCH, but isn't THE PENGUIN their most famous and expensive guitar?

Phil ,Gretch guitars are fantastic,not cheep either I do not know which one is thier top of the line,try one out if you ever get the chance.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
gitaardocphil wrote:

Phil ,Gretch guitars are fantastic,not cheep either I do not know which one is thier top of the line,try one out if you ever get the chance.

The original, not the reissue. Yes the white penguin is rarer. But this is my dream guitar and I can have whatever one I want. So na na na na na. At the Hard Rock in Foxwoods, Chris Issacs donated his signed. It is in the window and I looked at it for quite a few minutes. When you look at the original and the reissue. There is no comparison. The first time I saw one was in 1983 and I fell in love with it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

my rarest guitar is a fender strat 1964, followed by the 1 reeissue of the gibson les paul custom (serial = 1968), but heavy......, my best a godin RG3 passion

I dont know guitars in that manner. classics are great,, but to be honest I would love to have a white 1984 Kramer Striker 600 just like the one I used to have.  The first guitar over 100 dollars I ever had. and so versatial!  I really miss it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I have a 1972 HEAVY solid wood 2 dial Gibson. I had it worked on a coupleof years ago and it sounds really LOUD!!!My lady of love is my 1977 Ovation!!! I had her out on the road (working ugh) for30 years. I retired her last year and hung her on the wall. What great memories i had with her. It is a LOVE that only another player has every felt!!!!!!!!