Topic: Cold Shot

Woke up to snow , winter's  here.

any other chordian have snow yet???

badeye      brrrrr..   cool

one caper after another

Re: Cold Shot

None here yet but I'm hoping for it soon smile  I'm dying to do a 12 mile paddle through snow covered forest for photo ops smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

No snow here in SE Texas, but the title of your post reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQxxBGb2uSE

which DID occur in Texas.  smile  Some really nice work in this.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Astronomikal wrote:

No snow here in SE Texas, but the title of your post reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQxxBGb2uSE

which DID occur in Texas.  smile  Some really nice work in this.

love it,  thats the tune i thought of when i looked out my window this morn.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

None here in Massachusetts. YET

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

We don't see much of it in ca.,unless we go too the sierra nevada's mountain ranges.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

No snow here in southwest Virginia. It is cold though, been keeping the wood stove burning.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Got 4" the first of the month (present from Sandy) but other than occasional flurries, we've been good since then.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

It's been brutal here in Florida. Had to close the windows last night as temps dipped into the 50's. And today, despite bright sunshine, but we struggled to reach 70! So cold, I had to put on a damn pair of socks sad   big_smile big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

It's been brutal here in Florida. Had to close the windows last night as temps dipped into the 50's. And today, despite bright sunshine, but we struggled to reach 70! So cold, I had to put on a damn pair of socks sad   big_smile big_smile

that sounds brutal topdown you are about 2 degree's warmer than us,I put my socks on last week!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
topdown wrote:

that sounds brutal topdown you are about 2 degree's warmer than us,I put my socks on last week!!

Let me get the violin. Right now it`s 20 degrees outside.Still no snow , but it`s cold

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
dino48 wrote:
topdown wrote:

Let me get the violin. Right now it`s 20 degrees outside.Still no snow , but it`s cold

At 20 degrees its not cold enough for a coat, but it is time to put away the shorts and sandals and break out the long-sleeve shirts.
It was around 50 here yesterday so I was able to walk down the lane to the mailbox in a tee shirt..................southern sissies .................. smilesmile

DE

its minus 6 here in the great white north this morn,   -6 celcius that is. all is white with snow.

its cold,   more coffee,   

badeye    cool

one caper after another

We have snow here in Central NY too.  I have a feeling this year will be like the "good ole days".  I kind of enjoyed the scarce snow last year and got spoiled.  The really weird thing though is that I live right by a lake.  WE don't usually get a lot of snow here until the lake gets colder and freezes (or at least starts to ice over).  They usually get more about 15 miles from us until that happens.  However, they currently have less than us.  So, if my bat senses are correct, we are IN FOR IT this year!  I hope Jim gets a plow for that old clunker soon.  I think we'll need it.  I forsee the kids sledding in the back yard on the snow piles from plowing the driveway this year.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

We have snow here in Central NY too.  I have a feeling this year will be like the "good ole days".  I kind of enjoyed the scarce snow last year and got spoiled.  The really weird thing though is that I live right by a lake.  WE don't usually get a lot of snow here until the lake gets colder and freezes (or at least starts to ice over).  They usually get more about 15 miles from us until that happens.  However, they currently have less than us.  So, if my bat senses are correct, we are IN FOR IT this year!  I hope Jim gets a plow for that old clunker soon.  I think we'll need it.  I forsee the kids sledding in the back yard on the snow piles from plowing the driveway this year.

My wife is from North Tonawanda and  talks about the lake effect snow.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Dirty Ed wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
dino48 wrote:

At 20 degrees its not cold enough for a coat, but it is time to put away the shorts and sandals and break out the long-sleeve shirts.
It was around 50 here yesterday so I was able to walk down the lane to the mailbox in a tee shirt..................southern sissies .................. smilesmile

DE

we may be south or west sissies,but we are enjoying the warmth,and no shoveling snow,putting chaines on cars,high electric bills etc.

Dirty Ed wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
dino48 wrote:

DE

Hey - I was raised in the Catskills of upstate NY. Snow was a constant presence from November to April and I've shoveled enough snow to last a lifetime. Call me a sissy, but I'll take playing golf in February or a nice day at the beach to that white crap any day. I would be perfectly happy if I never see snow again. I used to ski, ice skate, all of it and now you couldn't pay me to get out in that junk.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

DE

Hey - I was raised in the Catskills of upstate NY. Snow was a constant presence from November to April and I've shoveled enough snow to last a lifetime. Call me a sissy, but I'll take playing golf in February or a nice day at the beach to that white crap any day. I would be perfectly happy if I never see snow again. I used to ski, ice skate, all of it and now you couldn't pay me to get out in that junk.

Different strokes .... etc ..........
When I retired I asked my lovely spouse if she wanted to move south as our oldest daughter has lived in Florida for 16 years and 3 of our 4 grandkids live there, so we spend several weeks each year visiting.  She said it was a nice place to visit but no way would she want to live down there.  God, I love that woman!!  Can't wait for the first weekend I can go snow camping under a full moon, or kayak one of our local streams in a winter wonderland.

Can't argue with you too much about the beach.  I like getting up just before daylight and walking along the national seashore where my daughter lives and watch the sunrise.  After about 2 hours though, the sun and crowds of people start getting to be too much and I have to get out of there.

DE

Guitarpix wrote:

None here yet but I'm hoping for it soon smile  I'm dying to do a 12 mile paddle through snow covered forest for photo ops smile

That sounds FANTASTIC!

No snow in Georgia; it's not Jan/Feb yet, when we receive our 1-2 inches of slush we call snow.
dj

It`s snowing now but not accumulating. The way I like it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich